• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HECS suit

William74080

So this is the first I've seen or heard of it. Pretty impressive. Has anyone else seen this or bought it? Curious cause I'm very tempted to buy one.

If you watched shark week at all, it is very easy to spot their logo on almost every dive suit (also used by the Navy Seals and other military divers). Makes since for that since sharks have known electrical sensors. So I guess if you plan to hunt deer while in the salt water, go for it! Deer do not have any identified electrical sense organs to date.

John H., Hickory, NC

Keep your nose to the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.

Hey wear the base layer with scent lok!! Arnold would have nothing on it then!

I suck so bad at seeing deer somedays, I swear they sense me. Im the target consumer for HECS. Unsuccessful and a gadget junkie....still I have not purchased one. I decided to work on my perpetual movement first...that worked amazingly...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recieved a set as a gift 2 years ago. I think there's something to it. Lots of close deer, pileated woodpeckers within 3 feet, squirrels nearly climbing on me. Hard to prove, but I feel they have some value.

I recieved a set as a gift 2 years ago. I think there's something to it. Lots of close deer, pileated woodpeckers within 3 feet, squirrels nearly climbing on me. Hard to prove, but I feel they have some value.
I have had animals practically crawl into my lap in plain old RealTree cotton. Literally have had to shoo possums and dillers off of me turkey hunting, and once had a raccoon climb all the way up to where he was sniffing the tag end of my ROS strap.

The biggest advocate of this tech I have ever met in person also believed that his sister was "mildly telekinetic" and could bend spoons with her mind as a kid. Of course, that "gift" waned later in her childhood, after the family moved away from an area of Florida that had "lots of crystals in the ground.

I wish I was kidding.

I have had animals practically crawl into my lap in plain old RealTree cotton. Literally have had to shoo possums and dillers off of me turkey hunting, and once had a raccoon climb all the way up to where he was sniffing the tag end of my ROS strap.

The biggest advocate of this tech I have ever met in person also believed that his sister was "mildly telekinetic" and could bend spoons with her mind as a kid. Of course, that "gift" waned later in her childhood, after the family moved away from an area of Florida that had "lots of crystals in the ground.

I wish I was kidding.
I"ve been sitting in a ladder stand and had several turkeys roost on the steps. Last year I had an owl come in for a landing on my arm...no kidding...scared the crap out of me, thought I was a branch. it was just as scared as I was though when I started yelling...That old school mossy oak treestand must have some 6th sense mojo to it...

I"m with Fred Bear on this one:
1.Don't step on anything you can step over.
2. Don't look for deer; look for movement (and remember, it's what they're looking for, too).
3. Always approach downwind. In the cool of the day, move uphill; in the heat of the day, move downhill.

4. The best camouflage pattern is called, "Sit down and be quiet!" Your grandpa hunted deer in a red plaid coat. Think about that for a second.

But but but John Dudley thinks they work.

I think for archery Dudley is really knowledgeable and helps a lot of people out BUT when your the only celebraty/PRO/TV/youtube hunter that uses Hecs and put your name on it your pushing a product you probably don't actually think works but like the paycheck.

But but but John Dudley thinks they work.

I think for archery Dudley is really knowledgeable and helps a lot of people out BUT when your the only celebraty/PRO/TV/youtube hunter that uses Hecs and put your name on it your pushing a product you probably don't actually think works but like the paycheck.
Never heard of him! Seriously

John H., Hickory, NC

Perhaps the study is flawed in some way, but they do have a study that was documented with additional links to excerpts from other research.

https://www.hecshunting.com/about/hecs-research/

And it appears that more than just the Navy Seals and those involved in aquatics, such as law enforcement, use the suit as well. (AARDVARK is the sole distributor of HECS for military, etc.)

https://www.hecshunting.com/news-articles/aardvark-partners-with-hecs/

About AARDVARK: Founded in 1987, AARDVARK is a leading distributor and system integrator specializing in the Protection of Tactical Operators from Local, State, Federal, and Military Units. AARDVARK is headquartered in La Verne, CA.

About HECS: Founded in 2009, HECS LLC is a John Day, Oregon based company specializing in patented technology designed to block the electromagnetic signature emitted from the human body. The HECS technology advantage is well known and established in the hunting and underwater/ aquatic markets where it is considered a “must have” technology by many. HECS LLC currently has 2 fully owned subsidiaries: HECS Aquatic LLC and HECS Tactical LLC, and will soon launch HECS Wildlife LLC which will cater to the animal enthusiasts, zoological and research markets.

Last edited:
Perhaps the study is flawed in some way, but they do have a study that was documented with additional links to excerpts from other research.

https://www.hecshunting.com/about/hecs-research/
Did you read the paper? It was written by a grad student who couldn't decide whether or not to capitalize "hypothesis," and who literally cited wikipedia in his explanation of EMF. That's just the first page...

Did you read the paper? It was written by a grad student who couldn't decide whether or not to capitalize "hypothesis," and who literally cited wikipedia in his explanation of EMF. That's just the first page...
Actually, tons of valuable research in numerous fields of study (medicine, etc.) is conducted by grad students. And whether or not he does or doesn't capitalize hypothesis means very little. There are some brilliant people throughout history who couldn't spell, communicate effectively through writing, do certain types of math, etc.

Again, the study may be flawed but it's best to disprove his data rather than dismissing the entire thing because of whether or not he does or doesn't capitalize a certain word.

And honestly, I don't know if this stuff really works or not, but the military as well as local, state, and federal law enforcement using the suits warrants taking the technology a little more seriously (IMO).

Actually, tons of valuable research in numerous fields of study (medicine, etc.) is conducted by grad students. And whether or not he does or doesn't capitalize hypothesis means very little. There are some brilliant people throughout history who couldn't spell, communicate effectively through writing, do certain types of math, etc.

Again, the study may be flawed but it's best to disprove his data rather than dismissing the entire thing because of whether or not he does or doesn't capitalize a certain word.

And honestly, I don't know if this stuff really works or not, but the military as well as local, state, and federal law enforcement using the suits warrants taking the technology a little more seriously (IMO).
You make valid points.

My SIL is a grad student working for the Audubon Society studying many aspects of the breeding behavior of coastal shorebirds. She has definitely shed some light into obscure corners of ornithology.

However, I also advise students who copy/paste stuff of of contract cheating sites. They run the gamut, but a single paper by a grad student with unknown affiliations with the sole manufacturer of a product is not exactly definitive proof.

As far as disproving his data...

First, I would give more credence if he had started with a null hypothesis (EMF reducing clothing has no effect upon the detection of humans by animals). A bull hypothesis is commonly used to reduce the chances of bias in the researcher. He starts with the assumption that it does. Man is rational, but also rationalizing, and often sees deities in his toast. IE, we see what we look for, and the researcher seems to be looking for proof that EMF suits work.

Two, we are looking at a laughably small sample size. We have nowhere near enough data to draw meaningful conclusions.

3, in what order were the tests conducted? Did they funnel cattle past a dude in a t shirt three times, get the cows used to his presence, and then put a suit on him? I did not see that specified. Maybe I missed it. Also, there's some fuzzy stuff in there about "the numbers aren't very discrepant, but the ATTITUDE of the animals was remarkably different."

Overall, just not a conclusive study, done by somebody with dubious credentials, and with uncertain motives. And exactly HOW do bovines or equines or cervids detect the small amounts of EMF we admit??? That isn't touched on at all.

As far as military and LEO usage, bear in mind they've tried using psychics and divining rods to locate kidnapping victims...

There's just a huge burden of proof on them, that I don't see being lifted.

Yep, you make a lot of valid points as well. And as I said previously, his research may very well be flawed.

From what I’ve seen, I don’t think there’s any argument that their product doesn’t do what the say (block your electromagnetic field).

What is up for debate is whether or not animals see/sense one’s electromagnetic field (which they cite numerous links, separate from the grad’s paper, attempting to provide evidence in the affirmative.)

And I don’t think there’s any argument that birds and fish see energy produced by a living being. That’s indisputable.

But again, when you have a group such as AARDVARK supplying this technology to local, state, federal law enforcement and the military (seals, rangers, etc.), that gives some level of credence which should prevent the casual observer from coldly dismissing it altogether as hokie.

To quote @dalton916... jibber jabber! Facts please - someone please show me the deer autopsies with pics of the electrical sensing organs and I am all in. I know you guys love the debate, so carry on...

John H., Hickory, NC

Back