• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Austin, TX

F1addict!

Hello everyone! New to saddle hunting. I got in my Mantis a couple of weeks ago. I’ve been out to practice putting in my TreeHopper bolts, and getting used to the saddle. Still need a ROS or platform. I live in Austin, TX, but hunt towards the Houston area.

Thank you everyone! I’m looking forward to participating in the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I haven’t yet. Currently on a lease not too far from Eagle Lake. SHNF is in my list!

Welcome from Splendora, Texas. I just ordered my Mantis today and I haven’t decided on my climbing method or platform yet but this site is full of good information!

Welcome from Splendora, Texas. I just ordered my Mantis today and I haven’t decided on my climbing method or platform yet but this site is full of good information!
If you ever want to try out SRT climbing you're welcome to try my gear out. I have a podium platform that I just got in and haven't tried yet but will this next week!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hello from about an hour east of Austin. First season saddle hunting. I’m currently running a Tacti saddle, WE steps and a predator platform. I have a couple local buddies that are also first season saddle hunters we are all using different set-ups. I have private land but hunted Sam Houston NF last weekend. I really like my Predator but wile I was waiting on it I traded for some Primal steps and made a couple of plywood platforms for them, which work fine also. I am always interested in sharing and learning from each other.

Hello from about an hour east of Austin. First season saddle hunting. I’m currently running a Tacti saddle, WE steps and a predator platform. I have a couple local buddies that are also first season saddle hunters we are all using different set-ups. I have private land but hunted Sam Houston NF last weekend. I really like my Predator but wile I was waiting on it I traded for some Primal steps and made a couple of plywood platforms for them, which work fine also. I am always interested in sharing and learning from each other.

How was Sam Houston NF last weekend?

Back