• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello From Central Ky

Crazyelk

Im in the decision making stage. Ive seen allot of videos on the comparisons between saddle and hang on, comparisons between the different saddles, and the comparisons between the different climbing methods. what I need to see and read about is the cons of saddle hunting. Thanks

Well it’s a lot lighter so not nearly as great of a workout. When done properly you’re connected from the time you leave the ground until you unclip to walk back out, so if you’re a thrill seeker then you’re missing out. It will cause you to reevaluate your current tactics so that may be a deal breaker for those set in their ways. I will say it does require a little bit of effort to get dialed in for whatever your final setup is for total comfort, but not a crazy learning curve to get into it......

I’d recommend just finding someone nearby & checking out their setup. Might help make a better decision with some firsthand experience.

Yea sure man. I have 3 kids and a crazy schedule but we can meet after bow season. I have a Mantis and a predator. I have done some mods to my setup.

Yea sure man. I have 3 kids and a crazy schedule but we can meet after bow season. I have a Mantis and a predator. I have done some mods to my setup.
is there a way to Pm on here Ill send you my number you can text me and we can work something out.

Like any change to your hunting setup, it takes some getting used to. Also, it's expensive. From reading these forums, it sounds like most folks are always tinkering/improving (i.e., there's no truly "perfect" setup). If you're indecisive, this compounds it because you can hunt anywhere in the woods, not just wherever you hung your stands in the preseason (if you're hunting private), so your options are nearly limitless.

I'm still new to saddle hunting, but I already have seen plenty of positive that outweighs the negative. It's fun, new and interesting, and I've really liked it so far. I'm sure I'll still sit in my old man's ladder stands at his farm from time to time, but for public and my own permission properties, I doubt I ever go back to traditional tree stands.

Hope this helps!

Welcome from Western KY(Calloway Co)
If ours ever down this way you’re welcome to hit me up. I use a SitDrag and a primal wood platform and it works well for me.
It was a cheap way for me to dabble in saddle hunting and it stuck with me.

Welcome from Georgetown ky

If you need any help pm me and we can meet up.
I have a few climbing methods and a lot of saddle gear I can show you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also in Georgetown, and am willing to help you decide on gear. I’ve got a kestrel and predator, and some DIY Dan-O sticks. Welcome!

Back