• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Long Island NY

longislandhunter

I Live and hunt on Long Island, NY and have been hunting deer with bow and gun for over 40 years. While I thoroughly enjoy firearms deer hunting my true passion is bow hunting. I hunt on the ground, from ladder stands and from my climbing stand but this past season I became captivated with th concept of saddle hunting, which I honestly had never even heard of before. I started doing as much online research as I could, reading everything I could find on saddle hunting and ultimately came upon this forum which I have been visiting as a guest every day. I wound up purchasing a Tethrd Phantom saddle and a set of Hawk Helium climbing sticks and am still in the process of deciding upon other gear. I have gained so much information from the reading I've already done on this forum and am looking forward to interacting with and learning much more from the experience of the members.

Hi, Welcome from Hayward, WI, N.W. WI, and my bride and I live in the woods. I have been hunting for 40+ years as well. Just took up saddle hunting last year. Glad your here.

Welcome from NH. I lived in Hampton Bays and Southampton for 5 yrs in the late 80's early 90's. I fished and hunted ducks however I was not bow hunting at the time so I didn't get a chance to hunt deer there.

Welcome from Orange County!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Florida! How do you like the phantom? Thats what I have my eyes on right now. Brand new to hunting so I dont have any stands or climbers. Thinking saddle would be the best option for me

I just received my Phantom saddle the other day so I haven't climbed a tree with it yet. I went with the Phantom because I liked the design, the build and also based on reviews that I read. I have tried it on and I find it very comfortable to wear and walk around in but I won't find out exactly how comfortable it is up in a tree hunting until I can get outside and practice with it. I'm expecting and hoping it will be very comfortable and work well for me, guess I'll find out. But I really do like the overall quality of build and materials used so I'm happy with my choice.

I just received my Phantom saddle the other day so I haven't climbed a tree with it yet. I went with the Phantom because I liked the design, the build and also based on reviews that I read. I have tried it on and I find it very comfortable to wear and walk around in but I won't find out exactly how comfortable it is up in a tree hunting until I can get outside and practice with it. I'm expecting and hoping it will be very comfortable and work well for me, guess I'll find out. But I really do like the overall quality of build and materials used so I'm happy with my choice.
Nice. Glad to hear that. Will look forward to an updated post once ya try it out. Getting some bills out the way then will be putting my order in

Back