• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Tennessee - looking into switching to a saddle next year

CharlieTN

Hello all. Charles Shepherd here from East Tennessee. I’m looking at switching to a saddle system for next year’s deer season. I love the lighter weight and less bulk of the system in addition to the greater options for trees. Many of the trees here won’t work with my Summit Viper without lots of prep work.

I’ve already been reading through a bunch of the threads and look forward to learning more. I pastor a small church full time so my budget is very limited so I will have to ease into this with a diy saddle, existing harness, and such.

Welcome CharlieTN - where are you specifically? Both my kids were born in Knoxville and we have lots of close friends in Tri Cities area.

Best of luck!

Welcome from NE PA. My brother just bought property near Greeneville, will be hunting there starting next spring.

Welcome from East Tennessee also. Glad to hear that you have seen how nice saddle hunting can be to set up in various trees. One of the things I like most!

Welcome from southwest Virginia!

Todd Perkins
-Regional Prostaff Manager for Mossy Oak
-Arcus Hunting Field Staff member
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome CharlieTN - where are you specifically? Both my kids were born in Knoxville and we have lots of close friends in Tri Cities area.

Best of luck!

I live in Spring City and pastor a church in Rockwood on the west side of Watts Bar Lake. I hunt in both Rhea and Bradley counties.

Welcome to the forum. You will find anything DIY you need here, but don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions. Some of the greatest DIY minds in the hunting world hang out here

Back