• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from the upside down

DropBear

Victoria, Australia to be precise.

Glassing and walking up or stalking deer is the norm in this country. I got interested in saddle hunting after a couple of times I bumped deer stalking around trail heads or transit areas and reflected that if I were elevated I would have bagged one.

This kind of hunting is practically non-existent here. You might find the odd hunter who knows what a tree stand is, but I am yet to find another one that knows about saddles.

I have slowly got myself set up and been practising over the last 12 months. I have an Aero Hunter Shrike and Helium 20" Stick which I have been using to one stick and rappel with a grigri+. I'm currently looking at getting a foot ascender so I can preset good trees to come back and quickly SRT up at a later time.

Well good morning, I mean evening!
The best thing for you to do for saddle hunting is to get a giant koala costume and just pretend to be asleep the entire time!

Just kidding of course. Welcome to the forum. Please let us know if there is ever anything you need that you may have issues getting into your prison. I mean island. I mean country. I mean continent.

Welcome from NY! I hope to see Australia some day. One of my favorite tattoo artists is from there, Matt Curzon. Goodluck this season!

Welcome from Michigan! It's always cool to have members from different places with different perspectives and experiences!

Good day! I think that's Australian greeting?
Welcome to the forum. Glade to have you along!

Glassing and walking up or stalking deer is the norm in this country. I got interested in saddle hunting after a couple of times I bumped deer stalking around trail heads or transit areas and reflected that if I were elevated I would have bagged one.

This kind of hunting is practically non-existent here. You might find the odd hunter who knows what a tree stand is, but I am yet to find another one that knows about saddles.

I have slowly got myself set up and been practising over the last 12 months. I have an Aero Hunter Shrike and Helium 20" Stick which I have been using to one stick and rappel with a grigri+. I'm currently looking at getting a foot ascender so I can preset good trees to come back and quickly SRT up at a later time.
Gday and welcome! Slay ‘em from up high, make all your homies jealous.

I like the name, I wouldn't want to hunt from the ground either with Australia's deadliest creature waiting for an ambush.

Welcome to the site.

I keep seeing videos of duck hunting Australia. I would love to go sometime.

I had never seen a tree stand either before moving to the southern US where they're standard. Thing I learned quickly is that it's really a scouting game. Time on the ground looking for sign makes all the difference when deciding where to hunt. Setting up in random trees hoping something will happen is a waste of time

Welcome from Western New York!! I have a family member who had to move to your country back in the 1980’s when Motorola went through a restructuring. They have never moved back they love it so much there.

Back