• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello, I'm looking to DIY my rig

1978circa3

Hello I'm from Dobson, NC and new to the saddle hunting world. I've been building stuff to enjoy the outdoors for years. Everything from tipis to backpacks to mountain man type gear. So once i learned of saddle hunting i was hooked. Due to a life changing auto accident in 2015 I've found myself with more time than money. So here i go, I really dig the community and info here in this forum and have been really inspired. I'm very grateful that all this wealth of knowledge is collected in one place. I've got 2 Singer 99K machines oiled up and ready to go. I'm gathering a few more materials and making design decisions at present. I look forward to sharing in this endeavor and i wish safe and happy hunting to us all.

Welcome to the addiction! Seems like you already have a lot of DIY experience and you'll fit right in to this group. Tons of design concepts and inspiration to go off of here. Good luck, keep us posted and if you have any questions just ask.

Welcome to the rabbit hole fellow North Carolinian! Sounds like you're on track to fitting in well here!!!

Oh yeah, i know where that's at. There's a Boy Scout camp near there i went to many moons ago.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Well I've got the body of me saddle sewn up. Next I'll run the edges and start on the 2" webbing work.
e12c6cc222d2e4bb4d10e37561a76eca.jpg
70ebeebcd28bf35a1ceba91b9f3bdbb4.jpg
45252aca847f27536da7adf806500308.jpg
276b668ec1b4c2e56074bc288109632d.jpg
8a8c5210e0618195334cd6efc3daaa39.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Back