• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello! Newbie from Iowa.

Byrum

Hello everyone. Very happy to have joined the site and look forward to adsorbing as much info regarding saddle hunting as my little pea brain can handle. I have been looking into saddles off and on for a couple of months now thinking that this style of hunting is going to probably open up a whole new world of hunting for me. I am disabled (walk with a cane) and that has made it really difficult to do any kind of "run and gun" style of hunting. Yesterday morning I called Tethrd and after talking with a very helpful person on the phone I went home got on line and ordered my first saddle. I cant wait till the Mantis arrives! Until then I will be watching every video I can find and listening to the podcasts over and over. I hope to learn as much as possible from all of you on this site as well. If anyone else is thinking about getting into the saddle I suggest giving Tethrd a call they were extremely friendly and helpful with helping me get everything I needed to get started. Hope everyone is having a fantastic scouting season!

Welcome aboard.

I think depending on the severity of your disability you may find that either using a doubl step or Wild Edge Stepp ladder may be your best option for getting up a tree. The WE STEPPS were developed by Jim Stepp specifically for climbing with one leg. This was for himself.

A,lot of great gents here with great ideas to help

Welcome aboard.

I think depending on the severity of your disability you may find that either using a doubl step or Wild Edge Stepp ladder may be your best option for getting up a tree. The WE STEPPS were developed by Jim Stepp specifically for climbing with one leg. This was for himself.

Thank you and thank you for the advice.

Welcome aboard.

I am hoping to get my saddle delivered by the end of July. That will give me about a month and a half to get situated with it and what ever climbing sticks and platforms I can figure out that works best for me before deer season starts.. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time on here learning all the tips and tricks that I can. LOL!

Welcome from the north side of the DSM metro! You're in the right place. Some great people around here.

Man, whoever it is you talked to on the phone, sure sounds like a great guy! He probably deserves a raise!!!!
He def deserves a raise! He had a very familiar voice as well. Almost sounded like someone on YouTube or a podcast. LOL!

Welcome I injured both hips and back. The Wild Edge steps are great. You can use your strong leg to step up. I was told good leg up bad leg down. It seems to work.

Welcome I injured both hips and back. The Wild Edge steps are great. You can use your strong leg to step up. I was told good leg up bad leg down. It seems to work.
Thank you and thanks for the tip. I will def look into those steps. Thanks again I really appreciate the advice.

Hello everyone. Very happy to have joined the site and look forward to adsorbing as much info regarding saddle hunting as my little pea brain can handle. I have been looking into saddles off and on for a couple of months now thinking that this style of hunting is going to probably open up a whole new world of hunting for me. I am disabled (walk with a cane) and that has made it really difficult to do any kind of "run and gun" style of hunting. Yesterday morning I called Tethrd and after talking with a very helpful person on the phone I went home got on line and ordered my first saddle. I cant wait till the Mantis arrives! Until then I will be watching every video I can find and listening to the podcasts over and over. I hope to learn as much as possible from all of you on this site as well. If anyone else is thinking about getting into the saddle I suggest giving Tethrd a call they were extremely friendly and helpful with helping me get everything I needed to get started. Hope everyone is having a fantastic scouting season!
I was with Andrew from wild edge yesterday and learned something new. Jim Stepp had an injury where he could only stepp up with one leg. He designed the stepps so he could step up with his good leg. Sounds like they should be great for you.

I was with Andrew from wild edge yesterday and learned something new. Jim Stepp had an injury where he could only stepp up with one leg. He designed the stepps so he could step up with his good leg. Sounds like they should be great for you.
Thank you. I will def be checking into those.

Welcome from Michigan.

Back