• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help a noob decide

arrowchukker

Going to try this saddle approach for next season. But I’m getting my gear now so I can be 100% comfortable with everything by the time season comes in.
Im pretty set on the cruzr xc from my research on the actual saddle. My questions are more about ropes. Do you want an adjustable bridge? Oplux for teather? Oplux for linesman?
Should I just go with cruzrs kit or buy separately?

Yes to the adjustable bridge especially with you being new to saddles. It gives you more adjustability to figure out what makes you comfortable. Tether and lineman’s is all personal preference, but the cheapest I’ve found the oplux tether/lineman is on bullman outdoors website.

American arborist has yale bandit 11mm rope on sale. 5600lbs breaking strength. 35$ for 12' with spliced 5" eye. You have to supply a Prussik or mechanical ascender. Ropeman 1 or kong duck for example. Great rope. Used it all last season and ordered a couple more for my next saddle setup. I agree with bow hunter. Adjustable bridge for sure. You can tighten it up for the walk in and adjust in the tree for max comfort.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree.
No platform required, only a ROS, no sore feet, no knee pads required, no sore knees, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs. Buy once, cry once.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

I think I would want to test drive that JX3 prior to making a purchase. I’m not doubting what you are saying, it just looks bulky and cumbersome.

Dont have one but heard nothing but good things about the Cruzr XC, but also consider the Recon! Eastern Wood Outdoors has alot of ropes options if you want to look around. Pretty cheap too.

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree.
No platform required, only a ROS, no sore feet, no knee pads required, no sore knees, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs. Buy once, cry once.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

Looked into the jx3 hybrid. Sweet set up. Any idea the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weight is approx. 10 lbs.
As has been discussed in prior posts, you really don't notice the weight, it "wears" so well on your back.
I have introduced three other acquaintances to the JX3 and they all sold any other tree stand equipment they had.
The JX3 is pricey but it is so comfortable and versatile you will soon forget the price!!
You can "ground" hunt with it, meaning you don't have to climb a tree to use it.
Set your tether as high as you can reach from the ground, sit down and the earth becomes your ROS.
The tree itself also becomes a "blind" as you can keep your self behind the tree as the deer approach.
I am always in an ASAT leafy camo suit, I think it helps a lot to fool the deer.

Back