• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help from LWCG 0.5 owners

Andrew

Can someone that has access to a 0.5 take a measurement for me? I'm wanting to know the distance from the front of the seat post to the front of the stand. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks @Topdog. That's what I needed.

Trying to wrap my head around how someone uses the 0.5 as a stand alone tree stand. I'm tempted to try one but afraid I'll find it too small. Can't imagine a stand 3" shorter than my Helo.

Yep you're absolutely right! And that's the reason I want to upgrade. Just trying to decide if I should go with the 0.5 or the 0.75.
My brother ordered the .75 in February at the GAOS and I would say it’s more comfortable for a stand that you are using with a safety harness, but I’m sticking with a .5 as a hybrid. It’s fine for sitting, but I wouldn’t want to do that all day during the rut.
My brother and I are twins, both 5’11”and 190 lbs he prefers the .75 and I prefer the .5.

I got to see and sat on both stands and would say the .75 is a sitting stand while the .5 is a amazing for a hybrid.

My brother ordered the .75 in February at the GAOS and I would say it’s more comfortable for a stand that you are using with a safety harness, but I’m sticking with a .5 as a hybrid. It’s fine for sitting, but I wouldn’t want to do that all day during the rut.
My brother and I are twins, both 5’11”and 190 lbs he prefers the .75 and I prefer the .5.

Is your brother a member here?

Thanks @Topdog. That's what I needed.

Trying to wrap my head around how someone uses the 0.5 as a stand alone tree stand. I'm tempted to try one but afraid I'll find it too small. Can't imagine a stand 3" shorter than my Helo.
Just put some duct tape on the last 3”, put it in a tree, and tell yourself “don’t step there” - just to try it out. The 0.5 works as a hybrid and as a stand.

I had the .5 and used it for 2 years. Its great and light weight. I used it as a saddle platform/ treestand. I was able to sit on a .75 this year at the sports show in Harrisburg pa, and the .75 was awesome!!!
When sitting in the. 5 I always felt like it my knees were too bent under the seat cause the platform is smaller and the post is shorter. With the .75 its perfect. I could feel the difference in comfort between the .5 vs .75
So needless to say I ordered a .75
I'm 5' 11" 180lbs if this helps

I had the .5 and used it for 2 years. Its great and light weight. I used it as a saddle platform/ treestand. I was able to sit on a .75 this year at the sports show in Harrisburg pa, and the .75 was awesome!!!
When sitting in the. 5 I always felt like it my knees were too bent under the seat cause the platform is smaller and the post is shorter. With the .75 its perfect. I could feel the difference in comfort between the .5 vs .75
So needless to say I ordered a .75
I'm 5' 11" 180lbs if this helps
Come on, we both know you are 190lbs … mabee when we were 18 :tearsofjoy:

I was a little disappointed to hear the .75 is 7.7lbs with the 1.0 seat. That’s a full pound heavier than the beast and 2” shorter.

If they tame the sharp edges on it…. I may try it…

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight guys. It definitely helps hearing from guys that have experience with both. At this point I'm leaning towards the 0.75. After using the Novix helo last season, I feel that it is just about the perfect size. However, being a self proclaimed weight weenie, I'm tempted by the additional weight savings of the 0.5.

Thanks for the insight guys. It definitely helps hearing from guys that have experience with both. At this point I'm leaning towards the 0.75. After using the Novix helo last season, I feel that it is just about the perfect size. However, being a self proclaimed weight weenie, I'm tempted by the additional weight savings of the 0.5.

If you are under 5’-10” the .5 was built for you. Taller than that I would go .75 for sure

I was a little disappointed to hear the .75 is 7.7lbs with the 1.0 seat. That’s a full pound heavier than the beast and 2” shorter.

If they take the sharp edges on it…. I may try it…
Yeah that is disappointing if that's the case. I thought it was coming in around the 7 pound mark?

Honestly I'd rather them move away from some the luxury features like the pull up rope storage and tie down points if it would shave some weight. That's just me though, and not sure how much difference it would make.

Talked to Cody d'acquisto at the sports show in Harrisburg, he said they were going to be right around 7lbs. I've used the beast stand and personally think the long wolf is better and TK161Booner thinks the same , but our younger brother 6'2" 250lbs likes the beast stand better than the .5 but hasn't sat in the .75 yet
Hope I'm not opening up a can of worms between beast guys and lwcg guys. I'm not a loyalist to either, I just use what works for me

Back