• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hey from Southern Ontario

Jmarth

I thought I’d make a formal ‘Hello’ post, after first commenting in the newbie thread.
I’m James, from southern Ontario. Fairly new to hunting, I finally have permission to two properties for the upcoming season, after two years of tag soup. I was just starting to price out tree stands when I heard the wired to hunt podcast with John Eberhardt. I’ve since, in the last few days, preordered a mantis setup, and some hawk climbing sticks.
Everybody here’s been quite helpful so far! Expect many more questions from me as I figure this all out. Giant shoutout to @Ontariofarmer, who had me over earlier to try out his gear. He easily saved me hours of trying to convert YouTube videos into hands on experience!

Hi James,
Welcome to the jungle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right on brother! I'd stick as close to possible to the farmer! He's the best resource for knowledge and having him close will help you out huge!

Welcome James! Great dudes here, and more excellent ideas/suggestions than I can process...
Where are you in SO?

@MJH I’m in London, the in laws are in Owen sound, and I’m always up for a road trip!

Get yourself into the saddle hunter google map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I’d make a formal ‘Hello’ post, after first commenting in the newbie thread.
I’m James, from southern Ontario. Fairly new to hunting, I finally have permission to two properties for the upcoming season, after two years of tag soup. I was just starting to price out tree stands when I heard the wired to hunt podcast with John Eberhardt. I’ve since, in the last few days, preordered a mantis setup, and some hawk climbing sticks.
Everybody here’s been quite helpful so far! Expect many more questions from me as I figure this all out. Giant shoutout to @Ontariofarmer, who had me over earlier to try out his gear. He easily saved me hours of trying to convert YouTube videos into hands on experience!
Welcome from Michigan.

Back