• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hi guys, new member from Central VA

bowhuntr09

SH Member
I just joined yesterday. Saw saddles a few years back and just sort of laughed and assumed they would be really uncomfortable and I really like having something solid under my feet. I have been hunting for years out of a Summit Vipre and love the comfort and stability. I am getting really tired of humping it in and out of the woods and a lot of times that limits how far I'm willing to go.

I have been obsessively reading and watching everything I can on saddles since someone mentioned them in a FB post yesterday. I can't believe I'm actually considering pulling the trigger on one. Never thought I would ever consider it before. ;-)

Shoot just looked st your profile. You probably with 10-15 minutes of me

Welcome to the addiction man! Just remember, all the money you spend is G2’s fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got the shopping cart loaded up with $600+ of stuff but had some questions for him and haven’t gotten a response. I tried direct with FB messenger and here with a “conversation”. ‍♂️

@bigjoe Thanks! I'm sure I will probably need some help if I go down this road. Is a PM on this site the same as the "conversation" envelope up top or is there some other PM method I'm overlooking?
Sounds like you did it right. It took him a couple days to get back to me with a question I had. Im sure they are busy and have been getting alot of emails and questions.

Sounds like you did it right. It took him a couple days to get back to me with a question I had. Im sure they are busy and have been getting alot of emails and questions.
Yeah, I'm sure he is swamped. I just wanted to be sure I did it right.

So I'll just throw this out here and maybe y'all can answer.

So for someone who has never done this before, could you list out a “must have” and a “nice to have” list so I can cover all my bases on an order?

For example is 1 sys bag enough or do I really need two, ropeman nice to have or really a must have and if so how many? How many carabiners are really needed etc.

I ordered a saddle, platform and linesman belt from tethrd. I also have some wild edge stepps to use as a platform. On the linesman belt it comes with 2 carabiners which you need 2 of them and you will need another carabiner for your bridge. I ordered 1 ropeman to use on my linesman belt. I think that will be so much easier than a prussic. I am just going to use a prussic on my bridge connection. I dont know that a sys bag is necessary and I am not going to use one for now. I am going to use a HSS strap that I already have for my tether up top. I am new to this whole thing and waiting on my saddle to try it out. Sounds pretty easy. My only fear is it not being comfortable for all day sits that I like to do.

@vabwhntr ,all day sits will be no problem , in fact it will be a lot more comfortable, check out the threads from John eberhart discussing tether height , also get some good knee pads
I worry the knee pads wont be comfortable. Do they bother you wearing them all day? Ive only ever worn them while working and I sweat so much in them and the straps dig into my legs and get uncomfortable. Maybe its different up in a tree just hanging out. I thought about strapping a seat pad to the tree in front of me and just putting my knees into that.

Back