• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hindsite, its 2020

Bigfoot522

Too funny, I just had to put it up there.

So now that we have all these ambush owners out there, cold Turkey, would you buy the ambush or the assassin?

Don't cop out with you can't get an assassin.
All things considered, stability, size and quality, which would you buy today?

In my day I have seen products phased out for new and improved when in fact time bears out otherwise.
Maybe we need a bring back the assassin campaign. Maybe there is merit to the ambush.

I think it depends on your style & size. I’m still a ROS guy but if I wanted another platform it would be a beefy assassin. But I just don’t feel safe/comfortable in these lightweight platforms (but that ain’t the platforms fault....). If you’re campaign was successful I’d buy an assassin tonight!

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
That's two for tetherd on the LW post.
What's next? Mantis?

How about we move this to the thread on improving the forum for 2020?

Sorry guys, my post was not very thoughtful.

Last edited:
I was just commenting on hindsight being what it is, I’m glad I didnt spend my money on an ambush and probably wouldn’t be spending it on a bigger, more expensive, not any more likely to be the magic platform everybody wants new model either. But if that’s not the type of thing you don’t want people to write in your thread I certainly understand.

I noticed the ambush in stock with two week delivery on website.
I meant to gauge peoples satisfaction with it but as I went to post, this hidsite is 2020 cuteness popped into my head.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I actually wanna know this as well as I just ordered a set on LWCG mini sticks last week. If these pack well with the ambush and the ambush has good reviews from smaller fellas (5’9” 150 lbs) I may scoop one up to have for next season.

I bought one on the first run. If the quality had been on par with what I expected i would have kept it. And I'm a ros guy. It was wide enought to let my legs be at a natural gate, which is a huge bonus on comfort, and was going to pack awesome for a platform.

I'm on the verge of checking one out as they say ambush has been moved to different mfg.
Now ooal comes along with XL platform.
Not seeing it on the website but curious as can be.

Good to see more offering as the sport continues to grow. Maybe there's hope for another offering or beefed up ambush.
I say this only because I've read there is flex in ambush that was absent in assassin.

I haven't owned an assassin, but I've killed 2 bucks and a doe off of the ambush in the past week.

I considered myself a die-hard ROS guy after playing with the predator. Then I started messing with public-legal climbing methods, which led me to buy the mini sticks. Then it was like, "Well, why not see how they pack on the ambush?"

They pack well. I don't know that I prefer the ambush over a ROS, but it is better for me than the predator was, and I like the way everything packs up. I have a mod in mind that should make it easier to attach and detach the sticks to and from the ambush. We'll see. I doubt I'll sell my squirrel steps. But I've been happy hunting from the LWCG stuff.

Color me surprised.

Well I read ambush issues are fixed and better post so I ordered one.
I can always sell it but I doubt that will be the case.
Come on Billy Joe!
Two weeks.

Well I read ambush issues are fixed and better post so I ordered one.
I can always sell it but I doubt that will be the case.
Come on Billy Joe!
Two weeks.

I questioned them intensely and they assured me the issues were resolved. This batch will have a machined post and produced at the new manufacturer.

Back