• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hog hunting Help

Bowtie747

SH Member
Hey guys, wanting to do some southern hog hunting this late season. I’m from Ohio. I hate to even ask because I don’t wanna be “that guy” but could use some help. I’m pretty open to mostly any southern state. Curious if anyone could point me in a direction of a state, public land WMA that holds pigs. I’m not asking for your favorite hunting spot, if it’s 100,000 acres and their is a pig on it somewhere I’m good with that. Just would like some general info. Any info would help. I’ll do the leg work just wouldn’t mind like a gentle nudge in the right direction. Feel free to pm me. Thanks a million in advance if anyone wants to help.

I don't know if it's gonna be an official thing this year but there is normally guys who go to ft Stewart ga in Feb for saddlepalooza for pig hunting and saddle shenanigans.....

You sir are awesome! I appreciate the help. I didn’t wanna seem like I was being lazy or whatever. I’ve already heard of Ft Stewart in Georgia. If it’s good enough for the saddle hunting community it’s good enough for me! Thanks again.

Lowndes WMA in Alabama had plenty the last time I walked through there. Barbour holds a few. Upper and lower delta usually have a fair amount but the floods have thinned them out hard.

I have a buddy that shot 3 hogs on Ft. Stewart last week with a muzzleloader, 2 he lined up and killed at once. I’ve seen tons of hog sign there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I’m kinda fan girling rn, got some of the saddle hunting classics to reply. You guys are awesome! Really appreciate all the help. Saddle hunter.com has an awesome bunch on it.

I've been dreaming of hog hunting since I was a teenager!
I even built a really sweet hog huntin' rifle just in case I ever got to go...

View attachment 56602

^^^ .300 Blackout suppressed and Full-Auto
Sweetness that thing is perrrrrty! Could also use that ruger from your pic! I just bought a cheaper ruger to do some hog hunting with too.

I had an Uncle that lived in Florida that was in charge of keeping the wild hog population down at some big wetlands or everglades or whatever they call them.
I guess he got to shoot 'em, trap 'em or anything it took...

I would have loved to met him and spent some time doing that with him.

Sweetness that thing is perrrrrty! Could also use that ruger from your pic! I just bought a cheaper ruger to do some hog hunting with too.

I've blasted quite a few critters with my .44 !

Zoom in on that picture and see if you can find what's hidden...

I've blasted quite a few critters with my .44 !

Zoom in on that picture and see if you can find what's hidden...
Sounds like your uncle was a cool dude with an awesome job! Haha just zoomed it and realized what it was what makes it even more funny is before you told me too. I zoomed in to see what scope you had on it and completely missed the feet

Is it time to start the saddlepalooza '22 thread yet?....I'm down for ft Stewart and that darien area that got flooded out 2 years ago looked good also....
First year saddle hunting so be easy when I say, what’s saddlepalooza? With my lack of knowledge ima still say go for it!

I'm down for ft Stewart and that darien area that got flooded out 2 years ago looked good also....

You could spend 10 days+ just hunting the WMAs along the Altamaha river. It would take a lot of boot leather and truck gas, not much different than Stewart. But at Stewart is it's all right there together. There's also a bunch of rules and red tape to consider hunting on a military base.

Back