• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Horn Hunter G3

backstrap19

Has anyone had any experience with this pack? it is in the running for me to purchase. I'd like to carry my bow and climbing system on my back, so i can walk hands free. meat hauling capability is not a priority. How about any experience with the horn hunter brand in general? I hang my pack in the tree with me, so nothing too huge either. Any input on this pack or this brand would be appreciated.

It’s a decent large pack. I did not like the straps to hold a bow seemed like they would rip easily.

Had one for about a week. It went in a trade. Not that I didn’t like it. Only ever wore it empty in the house, seemed decent enough quality and maybe a little bigger than I thought it would be by the online pics. For the price it’s not bad. I currently have an Alps Contender X. But I think I want an Alps Pathfinder or Big Bear.

Horn hunter makes really good packs especially for the price. I have a full curl and a G2 pack. The G2 pack for used quite a bit more. Plenty of straps and pockets. The G2 will carry a lot for it's size. I have never owned a G3

I did forget to say my only real complaint with their packs are the loud zippers. I put bow wax on them and it quieted them down a lot

I've been using it for a couple seasons now, with no issues. I typically hike in with everything in/on my pack. Unless the temps are below freezing, I walk in wearing base layers & dress @ my tree. Never had any issues with the straps holding the bow/gun secure. Only complaint would be the fact that I tend to overpack, due to the available space. I haven't gotten used to climbing with the weight on my back, so I have to hoist the pack up once I get to platform height.

Has anyone had any experience with this pack? it is in the running for me to purchase. I'd like to carry my bow and climbing system on my back, so i can walk hands free. meat hauling capability is not a priority. How about any experience with the horn hunter brand in general? I hang my pack in the tree with me, so nothing too huge either. Any input on this pack or this brand would be appreciated.

I have one. It’s spacious which leads to over packing. I’ve already had 2 zipper issues where the “handle”/tab or whatever it’s called has ripped off. Fixed with pliers and paracord

That being said. I’ve bought 2 packs since then. And haven carried it since.

But when I did and it was fully loaded. I climbed with it. Just pulled the bow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thanks for the feedback guys. i'm glad to hear they are a quality company. seems like it might almost be TOO big, huh? it's so hard to make a judgement on something from a pic on the internet. that's why i like to hear from people with hands on experience. i will kep honr hunter onthe list of possible packs. any further thoughts onthe pack, or the company are welcome!

I have one. It's big, but well thought out. Probably better as a late season pack. Haven't strapped my bow to the pack, but I tried my muzzleloader and it worked fine.

Back