• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hot!!

ngiese83

Here in Gainesville, FL, it’s been 90+ everyday and raining. Every day. Every daaaay...... when I finally have time to go out, and it’s dry enough, to get some practice in, I’m soaked to the core with sweat in minutes, and then barely get enough time in before the lightning chases me away. Can’t wait for fall.
How’s the weather situation where you are? Hopefully more saddle friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Georgia here, and its been just about as hot!!! Humidity probably a little less, but man its been tough getting some hang time in lately!

You couldn't pay me to live in FL. It's still August. August and February are my two least favorite months. I've had enough of the heat and humidity but it is what it is. Try to get anything done outside by noon, mornings aren't bad. Hot for us is mid 80's but we do get a lot of the swampy air with dewpoints 70+. It's hard for me to even think about hunting yet, but I've done a little prep here and there. Have a lot of working on my bow I need to finish up soon. About 6 weeks until our season opens. We're supposed to get a cold front with night temps down in low 50s this weekend and some dry air. Each cold front from here on out gets me progressively amped up.

Our bow opener is September 14. So it’s coming in hot. Literally hot. I’m excited about it because we have some great bucks on camera. But we’ll see how it goes. Good luck with that final prep.

Man hearing stuff like this makes me so thankful I live in the northeast.
0744f80386c28ebaf93f7e53f82b519d.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Pleasantly cool today. 82 with 84% humidity. RealFeel is only 91 degrees. :)

No lie; coolest it's been all week.
Yuck!!! Just yuck. That's about as warm as I would ever want it and not for too long. It was 8 Celsius this morning. So like 49 50ish I think. Loved it got up to 31/84 including humidity. This is perfect. I'm with @Allegheny Tom on this weather stuff, Florida is a great place to visit in the winter. Kudos to you who can handle the summers. Of course in February I'll probably deny saying that and looking for a way to move to Florida.

Northeast Oklahoma is rediculous... 95+ days and high humidity... bout like most of everyone here.

Here in Gainesville, FL, it’s been 90+ everyday and raining. Every day. Every daaaay...... when I finally have time to go out, and it’s dry enough, to get some practice in, I’m soaked to the core with sweat in minutes, and then barely get enough time in before the lightning chases me away. Can’t wait for fall.

I definately feel your pain. Here in central NC it's been 95 degrees for as long as I can remember. Probably won't cool down til late September early October

I thought knew what hot and humid was living in south Louisiana. I was wrong. Started working offshore Qatar in the Persian Gulf a few months back and yesterday the heat index was 64 degrees Celsius or 147 degrees Fahrenheit. Unbearably hot and humid over here.

I thought knew what hot and humid was living in south Louisiana. I was wrong. Started working offshore Qatar in the Persian Gulf a few months back and yesterday the heat index was 64 degrees Celsius or 147 degrees Fahrenheit. Unbearably hot and humid over here.

Hard to find heat and humidity worse than here in SE Louisiana but looks like you have. I feel for you. I’ve done construction here all my life. I often daydream of living out west or at least somewhere with 4 seasons.

I live in south Louisiana. If that don't tell you all you need to know. Right now you Yankee's have it made. Tables will turn in winter. Our first cool days won't be here till November. although things to get more tolerable by mid-october because the days are getting somewhat shorter. But as of right now our weather absolutely sucks. 90+ with 80-100% humidity.

I guess this would be a bad time to point out that I saw 39 deg F on my way to meet some guys for a demo climb Saturday morning and it was a whopping 44 deg F this morning as I went to pull trail cams. :)

I am in

gainesville florida to. I cant wait till its fall.

Back