• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you carry your platform?

Texar

Just curious....I can’t decide how I’m gonna carry my stuff in......so how does everyone carry their platform and sticks to your hunting location.

Pictures of your setups would be great.....thanks!!

Last edited:
I wear my ros or my ros with solo like a bandolier. I have backpack straps on my ridge runner for early season, otherwise my backpack has an exterior pouch I put the platform in.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

When I used a platform I just used gear ties to fasten it to the pack.

What pack do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U plan on walking a long way in, carrying lots of gear......etc

First year using a saddle and I’m wanting to ween myself off of a backpack. I tend to carry to much crap.
Some of my spots are up to a mile in. I have a Fannie pack that I plan on using to downsize what I carry with me.
I also have a over the shoulder type strap that I plan to try for my Hawk sticks.

I like the predator pack that Tethrd sells cause you can strap your sticks to the outside. I may end up with one of those or something similar.

I got this for $34 on Amazon. Feels sturdy. I am brand new to saddles so my platform and climbing sticks haven’t arrived yet to try it out. I’m thinking predator in the front pocket and two sticks on a side in the compression straps.D55658F7-6CC6-4F17-9197-E9231243BB56.jpeg

Just curious....I can’t decide how I’m gonna carry my stuff in......so how does everyone carry their platform and sticks to your hunting location.

Pictures of your setups would be great.....thanks!!
Currently don't have my phone on me but I can post a pic later. I one stick, platform goes in my backpack and stick gets strapped on using my compression straps. Very neat and tight setup.

I use WE steps and the Predator goes in the pack to walk in and I hook it to my saddle to climb.

Back