• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you silence this stuff?

arrowchukker

Newbie here.
I’m one sticking and rappelling down with a figure 8. I use an EDP platform.
What do you use to silence the metal to metal contact? Like the buckle on the EDP or the figure 8 and carabiners?

I use camo vet tape on all my carabiners. I use stealth strips on buckles. Vet tape stretches really nice so it works great for curves.

Just make sure not to use any vet tape on where rope will make contact or it won’t slide very well.

I use camo vet tape on all my carabiners. I use stealth strips on buckles. Vet tape stretches really nice so it works great for curves.

Just make sure not to use any vet tape on where rope will make contact or it won’t slide very well.
Yep!! This ^^^^^^^

Just to add a suggestion for using the vet wrap. Someone else suggested cutting the 4" roll in half for easier wrapping. I did that and cut the 2" roll in half again with scissors to the length I needed. Wrapped very well around the curves, sticks well and does a good job of quieting things down.

Just to add a suggestion for using the vet wrap. Someone else suggested cutting the 4" roll in half for easier wrapping. I did that and cut the 2" roll in half again with scissors to the length I needed. Wrapped very well around the curves, sticks well and does a good job of quieting things down.
Yes! I have been doing this with mine as well. I take out a roll, smash it flat and then cut it into thirds with a sharp utility knife. It takes a few swipes but is much easier to wrap biners, safeguard, Smart 2.0, Kong Duck, I also use it to wrap the D rings on my Notch floating D saddle.

For the platform I wrap paracord on it. Haven’t tried vet wrap on it but I suspect it would work equally well if not better. It’s held up on my ROS for two seasons. The carabiners I vet wrap.

For the platform I wrap paracord on it. Haven’t tried vet wrap on it but I suspect it would work equally well if not better. It’s held up on my ROS for two seasons. The carabiners I vet wrap.
I wrapped my platform with vet tape and it’s working great. I’ll need to rewrap it, but it’s comfy and no longer slick…..it will wear though

Buckle on the EDP could be eliminated by using a daisy chain. I was against the idea of it for a platform for a while but tried it and it’s amazing. Would go as far as to say it bites better than a strap. I do the truckers hitch and end the tightest loop back over the button. When you slide down or set the platform it takes all the slack out and when you cam it over it burys in the tree. Almost to the point where I feel bad.

Back