• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How I'm rolling

I use their 1x 30 belt sander for sharpening. Works decent. I’m getting the saw you were talking about to cut arrows soon. You’ve now added another item to my purchase list!

It wouldn't hold suction on my varnished bench.
Small cuts and scratches.
You need a smooth surface and it works great.

You use the hood of your wife’s car? If we don’t ever hear from you again we’ll know why.
He’s got a rubber mallet next to it too….. on his wife’s car hood!! Maybe @Bigfoot522’s wife is like mine…..she could care less what car she drives or what it looks like. “As long as it gets her from point A to point B safely” Good for her!!!

I think I'll just use my truck....but I might go get one of those!

That’s a good find. Stanley makes some articulated vises as well. They are a bit more expensive but might have a bit more movement. I’ll be adding one to my travel kit.

Yes, the sight is 3 axis correctly stated but you only set 2 axis on the vice.
The third is adjusted from full draw observation of the level on a plumb bob.

Looks good. I refuse to pay what they want for a vise made for a bow.

I use a $40 bicycle repair vise from amazon but what you posted looks better.
I invested in the BAP vise but you can use it for anything if you want. I have used it to tilt the muzzle down to clean the bore of a few firearms. Work on scope mounting etc.

I invested in the BAP vise but you can use it for anything if you want. I have used it to tilt the muzzle down to clean the bore of a few firearms. Work on scope mounting etc.

I have a BAP string jig and stretcher/twister. BAP makes good stuff.
As for bow vises, I have the one I made in the pic and I also have a versa-cradle made by Berry's Manufacturing long before October Mountain Products made them popular and started selling them.

You can get some bike vises pretty cheap too. I have seen people use those fairly well.

Back