• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How Many Squirrel Steps

How many squirrel steps?

• Total voters

smcchevy

Tree dangling folks, I'm thinking of taking plunge to ROS and need your help. Currently rocking a predator so I have no idea about ROS things. I did dabble early on with 2x primal steps as a platform but that was the first early sits.

While I dont plan to ditch one for the other, I'd like to be educated on adding more options to my hunting. Thanks yall!
PS: If this has been discussed before please let me know.

Last edited:
I have 5 on mine and often wonder if I could get away with 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could get by with 4 on smaller trees but I like having five for bigger trees. Sometimes when I set up on a tree with an angle I will space 2 a couple inches apart on the lower side because I know most of my weight will be there.

5 has been plenty for me all season. They pack up nice and fit in my dump pouch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Five is the answer. Four will work on 90% of the trees I hunt. But the fifth is a godsend when you get in a funky tree, or bigger tree, and need that last angle. But if you're exclusively hunting 12" diameter or less, four will be fine.

I used 5 most of the season added a 6th one towards the end of the season. I like 6z

I did four the first few times out this season and sent an SOS to DanO for an additional step. Definitely run five you wont be disappointed.

I started with 5 and went down to 4 mid season. Thinking I will add one back as I could have used the extra step a few times. It’s only adding 3.4 ounces.

5. With 5 you will never wish you only had 4. I have 5. Could probably get by with 4 but there are times when I am glad I have 5. And I use the top of my stick as part of my platform

314a11e484637514c247b59c938b8f3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back