• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

how to reduce scope fogging

MJH

SH Member
Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce scopes that fog up in cold damp weather.

I keep a dry lens wipe with me all the time, and I keep my lens covers on all the time - but often that just isn't enough. Hunting in cold rain, or worse wet snow just makes things difficult. I have never tried any anti fog products. what works?

I've never done it to a scope so I'm not sure about that specifically but with my wife's and sons glasses and bino and the inside of my windshield of my truck I take small amount of dish soap and buff it until clear with microfiber towel. Keeps them from fogging

Either dish soap, anti fog wipes made for glasses, or even spit. Divers spit in their goggles and wipe it off to keep them from fogging. Works for me if I’m all the way back in my spot and see my scope is fogged

Reactions: MJH
Are you sure you're not exhaling onto your scope? That's an easy way to fog an optic.

Back