• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting Leases: Contract Templates

LoadedLimbs

SH Member
I've never been involved in a hunting lease but I know a lot of the folks on here have. After reading about some of the issues that hunters deal with in posts like (a) https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/mother-trucker.29366/ and (b) https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/mother-trucker.29366/post-411235, it's got me thinking that this community could benefit from folks sharing blank hunting lease contract templates that they consider to be a good starting point for a new agreement with a landowner. Anyone have a lease template that they use and would like to share?

I haven't leased in a few years but when I did I had a generic contract I found online that I edited to fit my needs. Make sure you have dates,people,list of what you can do and that you will be the only ones on the property (other than farming or other things like that) during hunting seasons

Anyone have a good contract template and/or lessons learned with terms to be included in the hunting lease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good questions. Don't be surprised if they go unanswered immediately, but no reason not to keep asking.

Pretty much what @RRussell said. I’m working on one right now. Add that stuff in and they need to inform you if they sell the property, etc. There are numerous templates online

Back