• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting season?

Bowmanmike

I just did the math,5 1/2 months till bow season here in NY. How long do you guys have to wait?
Also,i should become a paying member so i can participate in the team hunting contest.

I have no idea how many days up here - there are too many huge fish to catch to worry about it. All I know is that provided Covid settles down, I am on a fly in moose trip on Sept 27th....

I enjoy the deer hunting contest, not to keep score, but to make friends on my team and to hear about all the hunting in their neck of the woods. I join the site to support the community more than access to the contest.

I have no idea how many days up here - there are too many huge fish to catch to worry about it. All I know is that provided Covid settles down, I am on a fly in moose trip on Sept 27th....

I enjoy the deer hunting contest, not to keep score, but to make friends on my team and to hear about all the hunting in their neck of the woods. I join the site to support the community more than access to the contest.
Yeah,i want to support the site too. I was just taking my time checking things out,but this is the most positive site i have ever been a part of. I do realize that takes work from the mods and so i will support it. $15 is a measly amount for a a year membership in a friendly forum.

If you're patient, the amount of hunting info you can learn here is phenomenal, tight up there with the beast!!
I agree. There are a lot of guys here that know how to get it done. I like it when someone posts a chunk of land from a map and guys break it down and give tips on hunting it. I learn a lot that way. I gives me a different perspective than my own.

Just over 4 months until my first Western hunt!!! 3 weeks after that archery season opens here at home.

It's a five-month wait for Wisconsinites (Provided our goobenor doesn't shut down deer hunting, too).

April 26 2020 is the last day of the season where I hunt not sure when it opens back up early September usually

April 26 2020 is the last day of the season where I hunt not sure when it opens back up early September usually
Oh my,i thought NY was good with a season running from Oct 1st to about christmas. Thats for deer anyway.
You got that beat,by a mile,haha

130 Days for NC, going on a muzzleloader mule deer hunt in Utah in 148 days! the thought of getting 3 bucks (2 NC, 1 UT) this year, gets me JACKED

A little over 150 here in NY. I am super excited for this year,it will be my first in the saddle and first on public land.

Oh my,i thought NY was good with a season running from Oct 1st to about christmas. Thats for deer anyway.
You got that beat,by a mile,haha
Actually September 27th is bow opener in New York state. Lots of good hunting north of Oneida lake to be had.The good old days were when you could use your gun tag from the previous year to go after an early archery buck september 27-30. Then the new season began Oct 1st at which time I anxiously awaited for the 15th to come around for bow opener in the southern zone. They redefined the seasons when they changed it to october 1st in the southern zone.

But I agree it can't come early enough for me as I stop relying on my hand full of ladder stands out there and hunt from a saddle for the first time this coming season. Last year in preparation for a scout and hunt method of hunting I borrowed a summit climber from a friend of mine. I ended up seeing 17 bucks, a huge number for me. I anticipate coming in a lot more quiet and lighter; well lets just say I'm on pins and needles, like a kid on christmas eve.

But I agree it can't come early enough for me as I stop relying on my hand full of ladder stands out there and hunt from a saddle for the first time this coming season. Last year in preparation for a scout and hunt method of hunting I borrowed a summit climber from a friend of mine. I ended up seeing 17 bucks, a huge number for me. I anticipate coming in a lot more quiet and lighter; well lets just say I'm on pins and needles, like a kid on christmas eve.
I am super impatient as well. I had a summit climber ,the steel version at 30#. It sucked carrying that thing any distance,and being quiet and slow was out of the question. This saddle and DRT setup weighs nothing.
The first hunt is usually the best in a new spot,so this year i may try to not hunt the same spot twice,unless there is good reason to.

Back