• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I guess im hunting on a nutterbucket

PEEJAY

SH Member
Left my bin with saddle set up, rappel gear, binos, 2 cell cameras, merino base, leafy top, and release sitting on the logging road at my lease. GONE. THe lock on the gate was busted and their were tire tracks going through the field Prolly over 1k in gear easy. Im beyond bummed. MY fault for leaving it but damn it sucks. Still got a platform and one stick, an ancient release, and a OG lonewolf hangon from the 1800's but my hip cant really handle it anymore. worst time of year for this to happen. Ive been in the process of moving and my wife is about to pop with my baby boy so my mind has been elsewhere and tired. Take your time and check for all your things before you leave folks. Especially if your ADD like i am.

Hate to ask this but if anybody has an extra saddle they can loan out in MD i can probably come up with some gear to trade. I have some unused 20in hawk sticks and some other stuff you can hold in collateral or keep i guess. I sold my backup saddle earlier this year.

Happy Hunting.

Left my bin with saddle set up, rappel gear, binos, 2 cell cameras, merino base, leafy top, and release sitting on the logging road at my lease. GONE. THe lock on the gate was busted and their were tire tracks going through the field Prolly over 1k in gear easy. Im beyond bummed. MY fault for leaving it but damn it sucks. Still got a platform and one stick, an ancient release, and a OG lonewolf hangon from the 1800's but my hip cant really handle it anymore. worst time of year for this to happen. Ive been in the process of moving and my wife is about to pop with my baby boy so my mind has been elsewhere and tired. Take your time and check for all your things before you leave folks. Especially if your ADD like i am.

Hate to ask this but if anybody has an extra saddle they can loan out in MD i can probably come up with some gear to trade. I have some unused 20in hawk sticks and some other stuff you can hold in collateral or keep i guess. I sold my backup saddle earlier this year.

Happy Hunting.

Man I’m sorry to hear this!!! That’s rough!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Hunting.
I hate thieves, if you have ropes a fleece saddle and a tree stand harness can get you back in the elevated game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That sucks, i cant stand a thief. Im a little too far south to help you out, but I hope things turn around for you.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to list specifics on what was stolen, then we could watch for it on the classified section here and on Facebook

Where in MD? I’m right across in VA on 301 if you are close I can loan you a saddle.

I hear ya on leaving stuff. I left my bow at the base of the tree the other night when I shot my buck.

Hate that for ya, man, and wish I could help out from TN...

On a lighter note, doesn't Leviticus say something about what to do with a nutterbucket?? (That's a solid half-Biblical/half-dirty joke for my fellow immature Bible scholars out there.)

Where in MD? I’m right across in VA on 301 if you are close I can loan you a saddle.

I hear ya on leaving stuff. I left my bow at the base of the tree the other night when I shot my buck.

im near baltimore, probably about 2.5 hrs from you. i go shark tooth hunting down near you sometimes. i might be able to make a day out of it... I'll let you know if I can swing down. THank you for your offer man i really appreciate it.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to list specifics on what was stolen, then we could watch for it on the classified section here and on Facebook

I hope there aren’t any no-good-thievin-fellow-saddlehunter-backstabbers on this site!! (Not that I don’t want PEEJAY to recover his stuff, but seriously that’d be down right low to steal saddle gear and then try to make a buck selling it on the niche saddle gear forum.)

Kestrel saddle. 40ft of sterling canyonprime rope. sterling ATS rappel device. tethrd linemans w/ ropeman 1, oplux tether with kong ascender, bushnell engage ex 10x42, 2 tactacam cell cams.

I hope there aren’t any no-good-thievein-fellow-saddlehunter-backstabbers on this site!! (Not that I don’t want PEEJAY to recover his stuff, but seriously that’d be down right low to steal saddle gear and then try to make a buck selling it on the niche saddle gear forum.)

I cant get ahold of the landowner still. He might have picked it up, i doubt it but i need to talk to him. he doesnt really go back there. I have caught guys poaching twice there though so who knows. THey usually walk in from adjecent properties though not drive.

I doubt if someone took it they would be dumb enough to sell it here or on a MD hunting fb group. Both other guys i share the lease with said they have not been back there in a while so who knows. Just scooped up a release at basspro so i need to get used to that (diff kind, discontinued mine i guess) and get back out there. I have bucks moving

im near baltimore, probably about 2.5 hrs from you. i go shark tooth hunting down near you sometimes. i might be able to make a day out of it... I'll let you know if I can swing down. THank you for your offer man i really appreciate it.
I'm in harford county, ill keep an eye out.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Damn that sucks in so many ways. :mad:
I'm in NY but I've got a Treehopper two panel saddle I could mail to you to get you through the season.

Amazon prime a rock climbing harness and make a $3 Walmart fleece saddle. Can be back in the game in just a few days for less than $100.

Landowner called back and had it. And i shot a hammer at sunrise...with my old mans xbow out of a climber but I'll take it! Sorry team 8. Dont count n i aint no cheater hahaScreenshot_20211106-133501_Gallery.jpg
As my man ice cube once said, "today was a good day"

Thanks for everybody tryin to help me out with gear. Some great peoples on here.

Landowner called back and had it. And i shot a hammer at sunrise...with my old mans xbow out of a climber but I'll take it! Sorry team 8. Dont count n i aint no cheater hahaView attachment 56400

Thanks for everybody tryin to help me out with gear. Some great peoples on here.

Climber? I barely know 'er...

At "lease" you got it back...

Polish_20211106_153606538.png

Landowner called back and had it. And i shot a hammer at sunrise...with my old mans xbow out of a climber but I'll take it! Sorry team 8. Dont count n i aint no cheater hahaView attachment 56400

Glad you got your stuff back. Congrats on a stud of a buck!

Back