• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I want to get in a saddle and more

boonez40

I have been a treestand hunter for 25 plus years. I enjoy the self climbers and their comfort but I am ready to try something new and lighter.

I am 5 foot 10 inch and 220 lbs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree.
No platform required, only a ROS, no sore feet, no knee pads required, no sore knees, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs. Buy once, cry once.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

Find a meet up. Or Tethrd teach and train. Search your area on the member map. There lots of good ways to try out some saddles. Everyone will find them all different based on size, and how you use them. Sitter, leaner, tether height, platform. The options are endless. Be prepared to spend some if you want to dial it in for maximum comfort. If that's your goal. If you want out of the box ez and comfort JX3 will do that. Saddles are not the most comfortable thing out there IMO. But with some dialing in can be acceptable for use over long periods.

Welcome to the club. Once you get your set up tuned in it'll be just as comfortable as a climber. I think you'll find enough opinions on options and techniques around the forum to make your head spin.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club. Once you get your set up tuned in it'll be just as comfortable as a climber. I think you'll find enough opinions on options and techniques around the forum to make your head spin.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

With a climber, I always felt I had to hunt really high. Also, hard to find the right tree. With a saddle, you can tuck up in some branches like 10 or 12 feet up and be concealed. It'll change the way you view hunting out of a tree.

Check out this saddle if you want to try to start off cheaper.

I have a Phantom, Kestrel, and one of these Floating D saddles.
I’ve not spent a ton of time in it yet, but from what I have done in it, it’s well worth the $50.
I would have no problem leaving the other two at home and packing this one.

That and a Ring Of Steps and you could get in pretty reasonable to test the waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back