• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Info on saddle kit

Justlee9797

I would like to know what the best saddle kit there is for longevity and comfort. I was looking at the AH merlin and flex, the H2 slingshot, the latitude classic, and tethrd phantom. I was wondering what the difference between amsteal and oplux was, if a prusik tender is something I can make afterwords, and people thoughts and opinions on the saddles themselves? Thank you for your time and effort!

Hey, welcome to the forum.

You will find many, many different opinions on here. Spend some time (several hours) reading.

Also, tons of YouTube reviews.

There is no ‘best’. Every saddle and every system is a series of pros and cons and compromises. The good news is that stuff is always for sale here on the classifieds ($10 yearly subscription required). You can try different systems and sell them for not much/if any loss.

You missed one quality saddle. I personally highly recommend the Cruzr XC, but as previously stated, much of this is subjective.

For your purposes: Amsteel is not a climbing line; but rather a bridge, accessory tether, or various uses. Oplux is an actual 8mm rated static climbing line; which is typically used (here) for rappelling, bridge, tether, and lineman's rope.

And lastly, a prussic tender can be added at anytime.

Thank you for your replies! I know the general consensus on the cruzr is high but it's just out of my price range. I know some are saying they don't like the new kestrel flex design and I was wondering what the cons are to the new design and if anyone had a saddle they were looking to get rid of?

I realize money does factor in. However, if I had known then what I know now, the Cruzr would probably have been my first saddle and I would have eliminated "buying to try" others lol.

Back