• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Interested saddle hunter from Western PA

412bowhunter

Good evening guys,

Like pretty much everyone on here, I am looking to become more mobile this coming season by hunting a saddle. I hunt northern pittsburgh, typically around Lake Arthur where I reside, as well as the state game lands around Tionesta and Tidoute. Also looking to buy an Ohio tag for this upcoming season.

Anyways, I currently go to college in Erie PA, and I was wondering if there are any saddle guys from Erie. I would like to maybe try sitting in a Saddle and seeing what its like before I jump into $500 worth of saddle gear as a college student.

Welcome to the site! There’s a couple guys out your way...... if not I’ll be in western md a few weekends for turkey season. Let me know.

Welcome from Gastonia, NC!

You're smart to try as many different saddles as possible. Every saddle is different in some way, and every person has there own likes & dislikes. Hopefully there's some guys close to you who can let you try out some new toys!

Welcome, Western PA! Go to this link and find someone close to you would be your best bet https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/saddle-hunter-google-map.4272/
the nearest saddle meeting is coming up in Massachusetts April 27th, but that's 8 hrs from Pittsburgh:https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/massachusetts-saddle-get-together.11893/
FYI actually we’re doing one next Saturday 4/6 just west of Baltimore (about 1/2 the distance)

I’m in north east Ohio just south of canton. Went to college in Greensburg, about an hour and 20 min from Pittsburg I have xl mantis if you’d like to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Leechburg Pa, just about 50 min South of Lake Arthur.
I have a size 1 Kestrel and plenty of trees if you ever get down this way and want to try it.

I am new to it as well and will be exclusively hunting from one this year. I live in Washington county right off interstate 79. I also went to college in Erie years ago. Graduated from Edinboro. Got the mantis...ever in the area let me know you can swing from it in my back yard and if you bring your bow I have several targets as well.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Like I said, I kinda just want to sit in one and maybe shoot a little from it before I dive in on $500+ dollars for everything ya know

Welcome! You're not far from where I grew up. Clarion grad and Tionesta is my happy place. Lots of good stuff on here. Enjoy!

Back