• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Intro from West Virginia

bigdave1691

Hi everyone, started bow hunting at a early age. Always ground hunted until I picked up my first climber in the 90's. Around 2005 a buddy of mine introduced to the trophyline tree saddle and still using the same saddle today. Looking to update to a new saddle but not sure which one to go with. I could use some suggestions.

Welcome. It is a good time to buy a saddle. There are some good choices. I have an Aero Hunter Kestrel and love it. I know many others have a Mantis and love that too. Both would be great choices I believe.

Welcome Areohunter Kestrel or Kite or a Tethrdnation Mantis you can't go wrong either way. Just do a little research and then decide.

Welcome!
Those mountains of WV just claimed the engine of my truck Monday while I was heading to NC. I was very impressed with the kind folks of Beckley. What a beautiful state!

Welcome, from another West By God Virginian!!!! You’ll find that this sight is just a friendly as our state! I ditched treestands about a year ago and never looked back.... it’s an addiction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woohoo another hillbilly! Welcome man! There’s a few WV saddle hunters on here! Couple up here in the Fairmont area and our buddy down in Beckley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just have a Kestrel, so I can't draw comparisons with other saddles, but I'm perfectly happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome from SE Michigan! Like others have said - can't go wrong. I'm hanging in a DIY Kestrel clone with influences from the Mantis. Planning to pickup a Mantis in the off-season for my daughter.

Welcome! I lived in West Virginia for three years. I lived in Hurricane. What a wonderful state, I loved it there but I had to move because of my job.

Hey WV
I now hunted there for 7-8 years. The Dolly Sod area. Lots of deer and the natives we're incredible! They told me where to hunt deer I told them where I saw fox squirrels.
14 hr drive is too much for me now

Welcome! I lived in West Virginia for three years. I lived in Hurricane. What a wonderful state, I loved it there but I had to move because of my job.
I live right down the road from were you lived. Gallipolis Ferry, Mason County were the whitetail get big. Thanks to all the soybean and corn farmers.

Welcome from Northern Michigan. I've hunted out of the Aerohunter EVO, Kestrel and the Tethrd Mantis. Love both the Ketrel and the Mantis. I'll say this, saddles and their fits are a personal choice kinda like shoes. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Kestrel or Mantis but to really make an informed decision it would be good to find someone near you using the Saddlehunter map willing to let you give them a test drive.

Another WVer here. Just a word of warning, this site is addictive.
Believe me, been on here everyday now. But have taken some great ideas from here. Like I said been hunting in a saddle for awhile now and had no idea this forum was out their or even knew their were so many saddle hunters.

Back