• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.

Introducing The Banana Hammock

Wirrex

Staff member
SH Member
This has been on my mind for a while. Quick testing shows it has potential. I run a minimalist RCH and this might replace the sitdrag in my system.

There’s no doubt it’s the lightest (2.7oz), most packable, most breathable, and most stylish saddle ever conceived. Lmao.

Last edited:

bigjoe

What kind of netting did you make it out if?

Gr33n Arrow

I have a similar one I use for ground hunting made of paracord. Never had to take high as I always had other saddles, but works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recurveaholic

I tied one up like that but I found it to be uncomfortable on long sits with the material being to small in diameter! Maybe something like the basketball net like ImThere mentions would help! Let us know how it works for you!

Buckhole75

Cool idea.I am gonna make one out of netting to use in the early season but I want to build it heavy enough that I don’t have to use a RCH

Vtbow

SH Member
Very cool. I almost fid the same thing with a hazemore seat i had kicking around from an old treestand. Can't wait to hear more about how it works for ya!

Wirrex

Staff member
SH Member
Cool idea.I am gonna make one out of netting to use in the early season but I want to build it heavy enough that I don’t have to use a RCH
You can probably find something that is stronger but it still ain’t worth your life. I went from a factory made saddle back to sitdrag/rch partially because of the proven safety It provided. I must be getting old.

Vtbow

SH Member
You can probably find something that is stronger but it still ain’t worth your life. I went from a factory made saddle back to sitdrag/rch partially because of the proven safety It provided. I must be getting old.
There's something about a rch that just feels solid and good!

Sheldon

SH Member
Diggin it! Got a mile of 3/4 mule tape maybe I can weave one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LeanMachine

If you are running a RCH anyways, no reason why you couldn't make one out of ripstop nylon. Like a mini butt hammock.

DaveT1963

SH Member
I like it. However, I am thinking the fleece amsteel saddle might give it a run for title of lightest weight and most comfortable saddle.