• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Introductions

fawnzy

Just introduced 2 hunters to saddle hunting.
Twin brothers. I let them try a Mantis and old TL stealth model.
We all agree the Mantis is lighter but all seem to like the comfort on the TL more.

One has money. He has already ordered a JX3.

It’s only taken me 10 years to get them on board. Honestly, I think credit has to go to THP.

I left them a saddle and some sticks to mess with before the big hunt. I curious to hear their thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all agree the Mantis is lighter but all seem to like the comfort on the TL more.

It’s only taken me 10 years to get them on board. Honestly, I think credit has to go to THP.

I left them a saddle and some sticks to mess with before the big hunt. I curious to hear their thoughts.

BOO!!!!! Gosh darn it!! What you go and do that for? Now the secrets out. hahahaha!!

I know, right? But it should almost double the number of canucks in this game.

As long as we don’t double the number of Les Habitants in the game lol.
Sorry, had to stop the hunting talk for a quick hockey joke...
Go Bruins!

In all seriousness, that’s super nice of you. I’m always trying to hide my saddle so nobody sees I’m not bogged down by gear like they are lol. I did run into another guy who was using a saddle in a tree a few hundred yards from mine, but he discovered them on his own and didn’t want ME to know either. I was tipped off by his hawk heliums and lack of harness. Conversation went something like this at first:
ME: “So...you using a saddle?”
HIM: “...uhh...(oh **** he knows, what do I say?)...uh, yeah...”
ME: (realizing we both think the other is cool for hanging in trees by a diaper, but not trying to show my hand) “Word. Do you like it?”
HIM: “Yeah, I just switched...”
ME: (no longer able to contain myself) “Dude, don’t you love it?! I wouldn’t have seen any deer if I hadn’t been able to hide behind the tree and swing freely!”
HIM: (no longer caring either) “Dude, I Know! I’m selling my climber tomorrow! Two hunts out of this thing...it’s ridiculous.”
That was the beginning of a great parking-lot friendship. I would never have said anything if he was lugging a climber out. Would have just pretended I was using a conventional stand. I’m selfish.

In all seriousness, that’s super nice of you. I’m always trying to hide my saddle so nobody sees I’m not bogged down by gear like they are lol. I did run into another guy who was using a saddle in a tree a few hundred yards from mine, but he discovered them on his own and didn’t want ME to know either. I was tipped off by his hawk heliums and lack of harness. Conversation went something like this at first:
ME: “So...you using a saddle?”
HIM: “...uhh...(oh **** he knows, what do I say?)...uh, yeah...”
ME: (realizing we both think the other is cool for hanging in trees by a diaper, but not trying to show my hand) “Word. Do you like it?”
HIM: “Yeah, I just switched...”
ME: (no longer able to contain myself) “Dude, don’t you love it?! I wouldn’t have seen any deer if I hadn’t been able to hide behind the tree and swing freely!”
HIM: (no longer caring either) “Dude, I Know! I’m selling my climber tomorrow! Two hunts out of this thing...it’s ridiculous.”
That was the beginning of a great parking-lot friendship. I would never have said anything if he was lugging a climber out. Would have just pretended I was using a conventional stand. I’m selfish.

It’s actually selfish. We party hunt in the big woods,second week of the rut. We use dogs.
All the meat is shared. I’ve been pushing to get everyone up in trees.

No no no, not "GO BRUINS"!!!! Please, just give the Leafs one decent playoff run. You've had plenty of parades down there over the last decade+ you selfish SOB!!
The leafs had their chance last playoffs! They squandered it. They had us beat!
Plus, I remember the 20 years it took us to get a decent playoff team together after Cam Neely retired. All talent, no finish in the 90s and 00s.
Lol okay done hijacking the thread...

Back