• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is it really this hard to shoot on the weak side

It can be if you want it to be. Or you can put a little thought and effort into practicing it, and it's like any other shot.

Don't be overbowed, have good cover at deer's eye level if you can, figure out what setup works best for your body type and foot comfort.

I've shot a deer over top my bridge, and I've shot one swinging around with them behind me. I didn't complain either time...

Use a good platform, stand up, rotate, and shoot. Easy as can be.

Edit; I finished watching the video. Keep practicing the second maneuver you are uncomfortable with. It’s useful when you set up in a tree with cover or an especially large tree and can not walk all the way around. These are the trees I prefer to hunt.

Last edited:
Thanks to my Assassins, option number 2 has allowed me to harvest several deer. One last week in fact. Wear quiet clothing, don't have a lot of crap hanging off your saddle and it's smooth and easy.
Nice videos thanks!

Back