• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

It finally happened to me!

Rg176bnc

Had 3 deer come in the other night, shot the doe she went no where and fell. The other 2 came back one @ 25yds. I shoot and the arrow goes high and flew weird knicking a big hole in the top of the deers back but defiantly didn't hit anything hard. Im thinking the head may have been loose.

Anyway he bounces out to 40yds. I really don't like shooting at deer that far but after checking out that hole with the binos I decide to go ahead because it is pretty big. Hes quartering away as this point and I hit him perfect. I get down collect the critters and arrows. The one I missed with is muddy so I grab it by the fletched end give it a hard swing and it folds up like half a sammich right below where I grabbed it!

Needless to say I was lucky as all get out I didn't have to gimp down one armed with splinters all in me!

I had an fmj come out of my bow like a banana and hit the ground between me and a 3yo buck. When I went to get the arrow it was snapped in half. I think the arrow was weakened by contact from practice.

Anytime I hit 2 together during practice I grab each end of the arrow and flex the shaft. If it’s weak then it will snap. Better to find out that way than when you shoot it. I shoot carbon arrows.

Back