• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ITW G-Hooks

kyler1945

SH Member
For anyone concerned with g hooks coming loose when unloaded, here's a nice fix.

IMG_0401.JPG

Is there anything a castration band isn't good for?

Also, I noticed that with the wavelock using tubular webbing instead of regular webbing, there is absolutely no movement when unloaded. It takes a bit more force to tighten with the tubular, but it ain't going anywhere.

These little guys are incredibly useful. I have many more uses and intend on swapping out quite a few side release buckles for these.

For real though, I used the ITW G hooks on the bottom strap of my spurs, and they work awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anything a castration band isn't good for?

I can think of one thing....er make that two things its not good for:cry:

@kyler1945 thanks for the "Kestrel tweaks". Anybody know how much weight those G hooks are rated for? I ordered a couple for the leg straps on my Kestrel and was wondering.

250lbs is sticking in my head. Could be way off though. I had every intention of destroying one to find out, but like them too much to do it. Replacing lots of click buckles on packs and straps and such withthem. Very convenient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've bent this style of g hook (see picture) at what I suppose was way less than 250pounds. I would (unscientifically) say they are the same strength caliber as the ITW.
1603148112960.png

point of this post was just to re-up the castration band idea.

Don't pay attention to me on strength of g hooks.

Yes, I feel castration bands were losing a lot of attention to things like amsteel tethers... time to make castration great again!
Lol. I just had that same thought in another thread, and searched for castration to see when they'd last been discussed.

Back