• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

IWOM Sale

TheBlindCat

SH Member
Apr 9, 2022
I bought the Sitka Fanatic set for late season saddle bow last year. But I had to say that is interesting for rifle, since I sit on a platform stand generally. It would seem to be a big step up from sitting in a sleeping bag

Reactions: woodsdog2

woodsdog2

SH Member
Jun 28, 2019
I bought the Sitka Fanatic set for late season saddle bow last year. But I had to say that is interesting for rifle, since I sit on a platform stand generally. It would seem to be a big step up from sitting in a sleeping bag
Great for late season bow/ML too.

enkriss

SH Member
Sep 13, 2018
How do you saddle hunt in an iwom? Aren’t your feet kinda stuck and unable to maneuver around?

woodsdog2

SH Member
Jun 28, 2019
I’m going to try to hunt off the ground a fair bit for bow this year on my PAC Seat. Any thoughts on Predator Fall Grey vs ArticKon for late season/snow camo?
I've got the predator fall gray. Deer do not see you in it. I shot a late season eight at last light. After I shot the buck and it tore off, the does it was heckling stood there for at least 3-5 minutes trying to figure out what just happened. I'm not kidding when I say I reloaded my muzzleloader and they did not see me making moderate movements at all in that suit. I completely loaded and relaxed and could have most likely shot another deer before they ambled off. It didn't hurt the wind was basically from them to me either. But they were in a powerline ROW I was overlooking when all the carnage happened.

Reactions: TheBlindCat

woodsdog2

SH Member
Jun 28, 2019
How do you saddle hunt in an iwom? Aren’t your feet kinda stuck and unable to maneuver around?
These have holes for your bridge. Its the HBS that you have to modify. The HBS is a good system too though.

thedutchtouch

SH Member
Oct 22, 2020
Maryland
Meh the fanatic set will work well for you there too I'd think (though I usually am advocating for buying gear lol). Mine was almost too warm for late season this last one, we didn't get as snow/cold in MD as usual. Or maybe it just felt that way because I finally had decent clothes on.

TheBlindCat

SH Member
Apr 9, 2022
Meh the fanatic set will work well for you there too I'd think (though I usually am advocating for buying gear lol). Mine was almost too warm for late season this last one, we didn't get as snow/cold in MD as usual. Or maybe it just felt that way because I finally had decent clothes on.

I did -3F last year for about 4 hours at a time saddle archery hunting in my Fanatic stuff. I was fine except my feet froze on the platform and hands were cold handling metal gear. But I could snow shoe with just the bibs and a light top with the jacket in my pack without getting extremely sweaty. And having feet free to move on the platform is nice.

Rifle hunting is a sun up to sun down afair sitting in a chair and elevated stand with sides but no top cover, and last year I only got the last weekend to hunt. It was 5 to 10F and windy as heck (20+ mph both days). After 4 hours I had to move and would be pretty cold again after 2 hours. I might try the IWOM and if it doesn’t work for sitting all day I’ll put it up on the classified.

Bigterp

Staff member
SH Member
Sep 11, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
Yes to an extent, I hunted off of a mission platform 2 times in this suit & worked fine. ROS would be a no go. But you can leave your feet out & the rest of you is warm…. At least there’s options. I like it for saddles a lot better than my HBS. I cut out the insides of the pockets of the handwarmer & attached a removable bridge to my saddle, worked great.