• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just got my new recon

muzzypower

I was amazed to see it in the mail. Literally took a couple days. I’m a 33-34” waist and got tge small per recommendations. The waist strap is plenty long. Does anyone know what the buckle is rated at? I think these originally had a speed buckle of some sort but this one attaches and detaches. I tried it on a tree and its comfortable. It feels like the webbing needs to be longer. I kept trying to get the lower half lower on my legs for sitting but i didnt have enough length since it pulls on the other half as well. There is only so much webbing to work with as they arent independent panels. To get the webbing on the thighs i would need to lower the waist strap As well. Im mostly a leaner but i tried sitting too. What have been your experiences. I am wondering if a medium would be better. I didnt even have my heavier hunting clothes on.

I kept trying to get my hip bones in between the panels but it always ended up under the lower panel. Thats a big reason why i was trying to slide lower panel lower on my legs. I just feel like if i had more webbing it would be easier to accomplish

I was amazed to see it in the mail. Literally took a couple days. I’m a 33-34” waist and got tge small per recommendations. The waist strap is plenty long. Does anyone know what the buckle is rated at? I think these originally had a speed buckle of some sort but this one attaches and detaches. I tried it on a tree and its comfortable. It feels like the webbing needs to be longer. I kept trying to get the lower half lower on my legs for sitting but i didnt have enough length since it pulls on the other half as well. There is only so much webbing to work with as they arent independent panels. To get the webbing on the thighs i would need to lower the waist strap As well. Im mostly a leaner but i tried sitting too. What have been your experiences. I am wondering if a medium would be better. I didnt even have my heavier hunting clothes on.
If you decide on a medium I have one that I’d like to trade for a small. Mine has a speed buckle on it otherwise I think it would be exactly the same.

I know exactly what you are talking about. The small just didn't seem to have enough webbing spread for total adjustment for comfort.
I'm a 34-35 and I firmly believe the medium works better.
I don't use the stock belt, I use a bungee belt. That mod turns a good saddle into a perfect saddle.

I know exactly what you are talking about. The small just didn't seem to have enough webbing spread for total adjustment for comfort.
I don't use the stock belt, I use a bungee belt. That mod turns a good saddle into a perfect saddle.
Can you post pic of bungee belt please

Regarding the waist buckle, I haven't seen the newer models and mine has the speed buckle you referred to. However, the plastic clips that hold the waist belt against the plates are probably a more limiting strength factor than the buckle itself.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Can you post pic of bungee belt please
Here are a couple versions of what I've made. I realize these pics don't convey the details of everything the bungee belt does that improves the Recon. Pics may say 1,000 words but this belt needs a video to really describe it well.
I had a video but it was an older version of my mod. I really need to make a new video. I actually have a couple ideas to improve my current mod...just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
840a839d677c1581be9120fee2798a1d.jpg
e74c6b1d92ea54f5ff6309e529ace90d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Move the top section down farther. I have a small (31 waist) I was worried about hip pinch because it seemed small compared to my fleece saddles and webbing was on my hips like you are saying. I haven’t had any hip pinch whatsoever.

I bought my recon as an experiment and I didn’t use any other saddle last season.

What do you mean by webbing spread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kept trying to get my hip bones in between the panels but it always ended up under the lower panel. Thats a big reason why i was trying to slide lower panel lower on my legs. I just feel like if i had more webbing it would be easier to accomplish

So are you trying to wear one of the panels more up into your lower back and one under your butt?

Could you take a picture of the new waist buckle?

I think by webbing spread he means the degree of separation between the 2 panels. Here’s the new buckle.

Attachments

• BA5D4A17-E247-4667-9732-248223EC39D0.jpeg
    BA5D4A17-E247-4667-9732-248223EC39D0.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 52
  • 7D4733D2-9EEB-4C67-AD0E-9A85D75694EB.jpeg
    7D4733D2-9EEB-4C67-AD0E-9A85D75694EB.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 51
I reversed the panels so the bottom panel is on the outside of the buckles. Seems to help

I'm new to saddles. But why wouldn't you error on the size a little bigger? I would figure more room would be better than too little.

Back