• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just lost the private land I hunt

Brandon1

Welp, the title says it all pretty much. The little old lady that let me hunt the property she owned has officially sold it a week before the bow opener here in southern Michigan. I can't blame her. She got waaaaay more than what it is worth. Just kinda sucks. Looks like Im a public land hunter now. Too bad that 90% of all the land in southern Michigan is privately owned, because the public land is chock full of hunters. On the bright side though, I got my new phantom saddle and all the goodies to go with it last Saturday! Can't wait to get into those deer woods, wherever I may be! Good luck this season whatever your circumstances!

Read an Eberhart book and go get another permish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough break, man. I lost my little honey hole permission property smack in the middle of November last year. It was a gut punch. Good luck on public this year, and good luck finding a new spot for next year!

Same thing is in the process of happening to me. My neighbor owns 30 acres that I killed two deer on last year, and a 100 acre property within walking distance of my house. Both went up for sale in the last month. It’s a bummer but hey nothing lasts forever right? Time to go find some more places.

Same thing is in the process of happening to me. My neighbor owns 30 acres that I killed two deer on last year, and a 100 acre property within walking distance of my house. Both went up for sale in the last month. It’s a bummer but hey nothing lasts forever right? Time to go find some more places.
My wife and I are planning to sell our house and move to the U.P. in the spring on some land so hopefully this won't happen again. Good luck.

My wife and I are planning to sell our house and move to the U.P. in the spring on some land so hopefully this won't happen again. Good luck.
Good luck to you as well. Luckily for me I’m in PA, where there are a bazillion acres of public land.

I think of the off season as land hunting time. I spend time looking at onX trying to find new places to kill critters.

Last edited:
Good luck to you as well. Luckily for me I’m in PA, where this are a bazillion acres of public land.

I think of the off season as land hunting time. I spend time looking at onX trying to find new places to kill critters.
As much as I do not like some of the PA game laws I will admit we do have a lot of State Game Lands and State Forrest which offers great opportunity. Here where I am some of the smaller State Game Lands get hit hard and isn't worth the effort. However, in northern Pa where we have a cabin the State Forrest land is immense.

15 years ago they went a long way, these days they go a short / medium way, I’d say.
I agree with that. My waterfowl hunting spots diminished so fast with the spike in goose hunters. Now everyone wants $1,000 to lease their land or simply say "No". I knocked on a few doors for access for deer hunting and was quickly told "No". Here in Pa most landowners are hunters themselves.

Good luck to you as well. Luckily for me I’m in PA, where this are a bazillion acres of public land.

Theres tons of public land in Michigan too but its mostly up north. The public land in the southern part of the state where I live is hit pretty hard during deer season. Oh well. Still excited to get out there.

Back