• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 sticks

The sail cleat on the side isn't climbing rated either I bet.
It probably wouldn’t need to be fall rated. 500 lbs or something like that would be more than enough.

Where are you seeing this I’m not seeing it on their website?

Didn’t see a weight. Kind of irrelevant if you’re carrying a JX3 anyway. I may get some after there is some feedback on them. I like that they’re made specifically for the JX3. Here’s John demonstrating using the top stick as your platform.

How much do you think that rig weighs? And with a hybrid it's about $700 right? I feel better about my purchases now lol

It probably wouldn’t need to be fall rated. 500 lbs or something like that would be more than enough.

Where are you seeing this I’m not seeing it on their website?
It's in the email I got from them. I signed up a whole ago

Interesting. API made aluminum ones for a while...they were pretty light. I forget what they were called....

How much do you think that rig weighs? And with a hybrid it's about $700 right? I feel better about my purchases now lol

It still ends up being cheaper than most other saddle bundles available and it’s going to be a hell of lot more comfortable.

It still ends up being cheaper than most other saddle bundles available and it’s going to be a hell of lot more comfortable.

I think that to a degree that depends on the circumstances. Usual JX3 comfort (plus footrest), check. Long trek comfort on one's back, I can only speculate.

But I like that they attacked one of the weaknesses of the JX3 system, even if it isn't maybe ideal.

Though, I'm particularly a bit leery of the standoffs pointing at the lumbar when packed like that, in case of a fall backwards.

X-stand had an inverse take on the design that was discontinued. (Mantis Climbing Sticks). I don't know if they had safety issues or not. They were lighter as advertised, at 2.5lbs per section.

You have a point on cost now that I think a little harder. My method 2, x- wing and cgm aider are about 650 I think. So just weight/comfort/ease of use trade offs as usual.

I am curious about the JXC but I think size and weight wouldn't suit me too well

X-stand had an inverse take on the design that was discontinued. (Mantis Climbing Sticks). I don't know if they had safety issues or not. They were lighter as advertised, at 2.5lbs per section.

yeah I remember those, they sold them with their backcountry kit. I kind of forgot all about x-stand honestly....I could never get by those huge cables sticking up everywhere. but the x-1 mini was always intriguing otherwise.

My brother in law loves those sticks. But man are those steps sharp. Noisy too…

Back