• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kayak/Canoe Mods

I'd like to see everyone's modifications (diy or store bought) they've done to their kayak or canoe to make it better suited for hunting. Mine is a S15 sportspal,
I've not done much but what I have done is yakattack padeyes, gear tracks and paddle holder, Nucanoe gun/bow mounts, a Ram mount for my phone, some navigation lights and threw a 4hp yamaha on it for the longer tracs
f5e81401e0458cd7e76f23f73acd76ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I haven't done this yet but ive thought about adding an outrigger for helping keeping the kayak stable getting in/out or working over the side to keep from tipping.

e7d2b6a182fdc735cb2953513729e95b.jpg

I added outriggers to my 17ft Osage. They were adjustable and the floats were made from pool noodles. I eventually replaced the pvc crossbeam with EMT conduit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
4415241c44b50fef8bbb36efd8bcf1a1.jpg

I camoed it and added a 35lb thrust electric motor. Killed lots of ducks out of it. I sold it and now have a 14ft old towne

I don't have it any more, but here's some mods to an Ascend 10T.
* 4 rod - Fishing rod holder.
* Raised seat mod, which can be locked in place at the high or low position.
* Fish Finder Transducer mounted with Duct Seal putty.
* Battery Box.
* The outrigger and trolling motor photos are too large to upload. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Seat 1.jpg
    Seat 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • Seat 2.jpg
    Seat 2.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Transducer 2.jpg
    Transducer 2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Battery Box 2.jpg
    Battery Box 2.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 43
Old Town Vapor
* Scotty rod holders for trolling.
* Fish Finder mount with transducer mounted in Duct Seal putty.

Attachments

• Vapor 1.jpg
    Vapor 1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 40
  • Vapor 2.jpg
    Vapor 2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 41
Perception Sound 10.5

* Scotty rod holders for trolling.
* Fish Finder mount.
* Milk Crate with 5 Berkley rod holders.
Kiser Lake

Attachments

• Perception Sound 10.5 A.jpg
    Perception Sound 10.5 A.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Perception Sound 10.5.jpg
    Perception Sound 10.5.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 46
  • White crappies at Kiser Lake.jpg
    White crappies at Kiser Lake.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 45
I'd like to see everyone's modifications (diy or store bought) they've done to their kayak or canoe to make it better suited for hunting. Mine is a S15 sportspal,
I've not done much but what I have done is yakattack padeyes, gear tracks and paddle holder, Nucanoe gun/bow mounts, a Ram mount for my phone, some navigation lights and threw a 4hp yamaha on it for the longer tracs
f5e81401e0458cd7e76f23f73acd76ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Nice unit.

4415241c44b50fef8bbb36efd8bcf1a1.jpg

I camoed it and added a 35lb thrust electric motor. Killed lots of ducks out of it. I sold it and now have a 14ft old towne

Do you have a picture with your blind up on the canoe? (is that a blind?)

PS Nice looking dog!

I don’t have a picture that I know of. Those two pieces of pvc you see basically held up a piece of camo burlap. When I set up to hunt I would bend those in place. They attached to the back of the canoe and when bent rested against the inside of the canoe floor just in front of the cross brace. I sat in the canoe like a layout blind

Do you have a picture with your blind up on the canoe? (is that a blind?)

PS Nice looking dog!

524e38cfc6a4f6efd8e1e1d36444d12d.jpg

083cd728ac05c8fe1942320367619927.jpg

This was my first go at a layout mod. I ended up going with the pvc over top of me instead of in front. I didn’t like lying down so low.

Got an Old town Next with my name on it coming sometime this month. Charcoal grey model.

Will be building a layout blind on it just like my four rivers SOBADS sneak boat. Will be a great rig for some water that's a bit harder to get to with my motored sneak boat. Maybe even do some river running for turkeys this April.

Added a strap (deer drag strap) to front carry handle for getting in and out of kayak. Hard to believe how much it helps.

Back