• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel Comfort?

Hillclimber

Im getting ready to order this saddle but just have one question for folks that have one. Does it hurt your sack sitting in one of these? I mean are they decent to sit in, be honest.

Im getting ready to order this saddle but just have one question for folks that have one. Does it hurt your sack sitting in one of these? I mean are they decent to sit in, be honest.
I’m 6’6” 260 lbs and used to swear by my millennium hang on. I want to point out I’m new to this & have only hunted out of my kestrel about a dozen times since December. It’s super comfortable, once you get your bridge length/tether height dialed in, its sweet. I haven’t even been tempted to climb into a preset stand or tote a stand in the woods since I got mine. Super lightweight & very comfortable. You can adjust your position throughout the sit, so you never really get uncomfortable. Added bonus, using the tree for cover is unbelievable what you can get away with......just my 2 cents (plenty of guys on here w/waaay more experience than myself)

The old aero hunter could be a problem between the legs but the Kestrel is not. It is not as comfortable a guidos web but I seldom use the guidos anyway, never use my hang on stand anymore, I want to sell my aero hunter and sold my climber if that tells you anything. My preference is the Kestrel.

Some guys are not impressed with the first few sits but give it a bit of time and it will become your favorite.

This was my first year with a saddle also. After a handful of hunts in the saddle I went back to one of the several hang ons I have preset on my property. Doing that made me realize how much more comfortable, and just plain fun hunting from a saddle was. For the rest of the year I used my WE steps and climbed trees next to my hang ons to hunt from the saddle.

The Kestrel is about the most comfortable thing I’ve sat in besides the guidos web or a giant climber. After getting my bridge length right it has zero pressure points on me. I can easily sit all day. That being said if you are new to saddle hunting you will have to tweak and adjust and get your body in “saddle shape”. It’s a bit of a change from a normal treestand because you are using your legs a bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no discomfort from any of the saddles i've worn to your Sack Area(tm). If there is you're wearing the damn thing wrong.

The biggest problem most face out of the gate is hip pinch/discomfort and foot discomfort. Once you experiment and dial in your setup that usually goes away, though as flingin mentioned it does take a little time to get into 'saddle shape' as well.

Summary: If your nuts hurt you're doing it wrong. Give it some time and experimentation and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it can be.

There is no discomfort from any of the saddles i've worn to your Sack Area(tm). If there is you're wearing the damn thing wrong.

The biggest problem most face out of the gate is hip pinch/discomfort and foot discomfort. Once you experiment and dial in your setup that usually goes away, though as flingin mentioned it does take a little time to get into 'saddle shape' as well.

Summary: If your nuts hurt you're doing it wrong. Give it some time and experimentation and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it can be.

Even when I had the aero set right I had to adjust the aero hourly or it would slide up into an uncomfortable position. IMO. The aero is comfortable when properly adjusted but is harder to adjust hard to keep in the correct spot and heavier

The kestrel is superior IMO

I have heard one person say they liked the aero better. Want to buy my aero.

Even when I had the aero set right I had to adjust the aero hourly or it would slide up into an uncomfortable position. IMO. The aero is comfortable when properly adjusted but is harder to adjust hard to keep in the correct spot and heavier

The kestrel is superior IMO

I have heard one person say they liked the aero better. Want to buy my aero.

I agree. I tried both sizes of the Evo and never could get comfy in it. The Kestrel is far better.

I’ve have not experienced ANY comfort in the Krestel. Hip pinch until I climbed down and cut the hunt short. I lasted maybe 2.5 hours and have never been in one since. I’m am wanting to try a size 2.

I’ve have not experienced ANY comfort in the Krestel. Hip pinch until I climbed down and cut the hunt short. I lasted maybe 2.5 hours and have never been in one since. I’m am wanting to try a size 2.

Tell us how you really feel :D I had one hunt in mine like that and it was because I tried a long tether and the tree had a weird lean to it. That sit was brutal. I switched bridges to a much shorter one and used it the rest of the season with no issues. I bet a size two would treat you better.

Tell us how you really feel :D I had one hunt in mine like that and it was because I tried a long tether and the tree had a weird lean to it. That sit was brutal. I switched bridges to a much shorter one and used it the rest of the season with no issues. I bet a size two would treat you better.

God, I hope so.
I really held back on telling the story! Lol
I was ready to jump out of the tree. First hour not that bad. Second hour pain and lots of it. The bridge was crossing my pants belt. Pinching my hip. By 2.5 tears were flowing praying for a deer to walk up or death to release me from the Chinese torture device that held me to the tree. How’s that? Lol
I hope to try out a size 2 at saddlepaloosa. Maybe change my mind and I can change my review.
I want to ad the Krestel is a high quality piece of equipment. Nice stitching, good quality materials. I will also say that was one sit.

Thanks for all the input. I wear a size 32 jean. Would a size 1 work well?

God, I hope so.
I was ready to jump out of the tree. First hour not that bad. Second hour pain and lots of it. The bridge was crossing my pants belt. Pinching my hip. By 2.5 tears were flowing praying for a deer to walk up or death to release me from the Chinese torture device that held me to the tree. How’s that? Lol
I hope to try out a size 2 at saddlepaloosa. Maybe change my mind and I can change my review.
I want to ad the Krestel is a high quality piece of equipment. Nice stitching, good quality materials. I will also say that was one sit.

Hahahaha that made me laugh.

Appreciate it. Get my wife on board and I’m getting it!

1. Tell her it is safer - it is
  2. and you can sell your other stands - you might
  3. if it works and you will never need another stand... - unless something better comes along
  4. Say only one of these things each day until she says yes.

God, I hope so.

So what do you use instead of a Kestrel? I think almost any saddle can cause pain when not adjusted right.

Appreciate it. Get my wife on board and I’m getting it!

1. Tell her it is safer - it is
  2. and you can sell your other stands - you might
  3. if it works and you will never need another stand... - unless something better comes along
  4. Say only one of these things each day until she says yes.

That is amazing hahahaha.

God, I hope so.

Ontariofarmer just convinced me to convince her. If you decide on the size 2 and need a buyer for your size 1, put me on your list please.

Best of luck!

That is amazing hahahaha.

Ontariofarmer just convinced me to convince her. If you decide on the size 2 and need a buyer for your size 1, put me on your list please.

Best of luck!

I borrowed it.

Back