• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel is a Cadillac!

Congrats on your Kestral. I wouldn’t know if it is a Cadillac or a Yugo.... still waiting for shipment notification...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very pleased with my purchase. Very comfortable and I feel 100% safe. Thanks aerohunter and the guys who listened to our ideas and brought it to life.
I like seeing posts like this! Developing something for three years, putting all the effort, work and testing into a product that only like 6 people knew about and then releasing it is one of the most stressful things ever. We thought it was great, but that doesn't matter if you guys don't like it.
Thanks for the feedback, I am glad you like it!!

Thanks,
Boswell

I like seeing posts like this! Developing something for three years, putting all the effort, work and testing into a product that only like 6 people knew about and then releasing it is one of the most stressful things ever. We thought it was great, but that doesn't matter if you guys don't like it.

Thanks,
Boswell

I was stressed out too. I wanted it to work so bad but I was nervous about some points. I don’t think there is much to improve on for a commercially available product.

I completely agree and I would like to personally thank everyone that was involved in the design of this product. It is extremely well thought out by people who obviously know what they are doing and it shows! I don't have time for a post on my full comments just yet but suffice to say that the Kestrel has exceeded my expectations is every way. For reference, I have the Evolution and TL Ambush for comparison.

I finally got to sit in mine last night. I was very happy. I broke one of the back band clips, but that was totally my fault. Great product

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I finally got to sit in mine last night. I was very happy. I broke one of the back band clips, but that was totally my fault. Great product

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I done the same thing. A quick run to Lowe’s and I was back in business. Love the kestrel!

If you don’t have the metal part of the clip locked into plastic, I can see these breaking easily.

I was a dedicated LW Alpha user for many years. Since buying my Kestrel I am no doubt a converted saddle hunter. So far in 15 hunts every single one except for 2 ground hunts were in my Kestrel. Great very well designed product. Love it.

Have any of you guys ever tried a Trophyline Tree Saddle???

I owned a neoprene Trophyline about 10 years ago but didn’t really care for it. The Kestrel is better in every way.

I was a dedicated LW Alpha user for many years. Since buying my Kestrel I am no doubt a converted saddle hunter. So far in 15 hunts every single one except for 2 ground hunts were in my Kestrel. Great very well designed product. Love it.

So should I continue with my sit drag customization or just bite the bullet and order a kestrel?

So should I continue with my sit drag customization or just bite the bullet and order a kestrel?
The Kestrel has quick release buckles going for it, which is probably awesome, but how awesome that is for you....

My only concern is how to adapt it into more of a climbing harness. Just have to figure out how to tie the leg loops into my carabiner and avoid the straight down crotch hang Id experience in a tree saddle free-hanging.
If I cant get that straight, a size 1 will be on classifieds for ya...eventually

Thanks,
Boswell
It's definitely the most comfortable and best saddle I've ever owned just the other day I grab my treestand which is a lone wolf climber and I said to myself holy crap how heavy this thing is I did not take it hunting I took the Kestrel with me. The only reason I was going to take the Lone Wolf was because it was raining I said heck with that I'm going with comfort. Thanks for a great product you sure did your homework well.

Believe me Huck, I've tried them and still own the Trophyline Ambush and it is no comparison. Kestrel wins hands down....at least for me.

Back