• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

d_rek

I've seen a lot of people asking about Kestrel sizing and which they should get. I figured i'd post up here for anyone looking so that it helps them decide which size.

Here's my plainclothes sizes and the size kestrel I ordered:

Waist - 38/40"
Kestrel Size - Size 2

Here is a picture of me with the Kestrel waist belt cinched tight in plainclothes. You can see I have about 10" of excess waist belt to work with.

IMG_7990.JPG

Here is another picture of me with the waist belt completely slacked adding another 6-7" of DIA to my waist line for layering, etc.

IMG_7992.JPG

The fit is not 'baggy' or 'loose' over my plainclothes in case you are wondering. The fit feels about perfect for someone with my waist size, and should be good for adding layers in the late season.

Can someone with a size 1 maybe post up a few pics and comments as well?

You should be able to let out the left side of the belt as well. It ooks like only the right side was let out in your picture above.

Thanks, d_rek. I'm on the line, too. Would like to see someone with 38/40 waist in a Size 1.

You should be able to let out the left side of the belt as well. It ooks like only the right side was let out in your picture above.

The 2nd image was with the belt completely let out on both sides. Hard to tell from that image though.

Thanks d_rek I contacted Debbie today and switched my order to a size 2. I have stressed over this decision since I placed the order. She said the size 1 should be good but like you said if I need to add layers I need the room. I'm 38/40 waist as well. With the time to manufacture and ship I wanted to make sure I didn't mess up! Size 2 it is for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've decided that I'll rely on the ordering FAQ on their site where it says:

"It’s simple to choose size for your Aero Hunter Kestrel saddle. Choose your size according to your pants waist size. The waist belt of the Kestrel saddle is adjustable to allow for any type of clothing you might use in the field. Here is the range for each Kestrel size:

Size 1–Pants waist size up to 38″

Size 2–Pants waist size 39″ to 46″

If your size fluctuates around 38″-39″, choose Size 1. This is usually the best choice for people in the middle. If you find that size 1 is too small, you can return it to exchange for size 2. We can accept the return if your original Aero is in the same new condition as when you received it."

I have a 38 waist (at least for now :)) and plan to stick with the Size 1 as recommended. Fingers crossed...

Back