• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kestrel vs Kite

Halfright

Hey guys been searching for reviews on these two. Looking to pull the trigger soon on either. I’ve heard you can’t walk with the kestrel or it will fall down. Is that true? For anyone that owns the kite and mantis, it looks like the kite will cup the butt better? I’ve had a mantis before but I could not get it comfortable under my butt. Thanks in advance for the replies!

Dave

The kestrel will stay up ok for some. If you have a hard time keeping your pants up like me the kestrel doesn’t stay up. The mantis did pretty good. I would assume the kite would stay up as good or almost as good as the mantis but haven’t spent any time walking in it yet. As far as cupping your but better that’s just something you’ll have to try and decide for yourself.

I have a kestrel and walk in it just fine,but if u add a lot of accessories to the molle loops it will want to ride low on your waist.

I have not had an issue. If you do have an issue you can always take the linemans belt and put it around the back of your neck and connected to both sides for the walk in. It will act like suspenders kinda or atleast keep it from falling down.

You might want to hold off ordering. They have a new saddle coming out.

I’m one of those guys that tugs on my pants to keep them up but without having extras on the Molle loops my Kite probably stays in place better than most of my jeans. I just tighten the belt and go hunt on normal walking distance hunts. When I go further or feel the need to carry a second bag on my Molle loops then I have a set of clip on Camo suspenders from Cabelas that work well for keeping my saddle in place.

Check this out if you haven’t seen it.

Btw I like the kite , but after hunting out of them both I preferred the kestrel ( just a little more structure to the seat) lose those stock buckles though (swapping buckles on their production saddles was not an option when I ordered)

If you do have an issue you can always take the linemans belt and put it around the back of your neck and connected to both sides for the walk in. It will act like suspenders kinda or atleast keep it from falling down.

This.

I put both my LB and my adjustable bridge (another benefit of using one) over my shoulders and I have zero issues with my Kite slipping down while walking. I have a Doyles attached to the saddle and I have no butt to speak of and it all rides fine. I've never owned a Kestrel but I imagine it would be the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back