• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Knee pad usage, any recommendations?

Layercakesss29

I am newer to saddle hunting, I’ve only used my buddy’s older model JX3 style the past 2 season on occasion. This year, I purchased my first saddle and I’ve been getting things together and getting some simulated climbs (in the yard, on poles).

One things I’ve seen, but little discussed, is knee pad usage. Does anyone have thoughts on pads or recommend a specific pair? Are they worth it? Just curious!

The general consensus seems to be that the Arc'teryx are the best all around, although personally I prefer the $30 Alta knee pads from Amazon for long sits.

The Altas are more comfortable for me in the tree. When walking, I just slide them down around my shins. If I think I will be walking a lot or still hunting with the occasional short sit, I wear the Arc'teryx. If I plan on spending most of my time in the tree, I wear the Altas.

I also have another cheap pair from Lowe's that were ~$15 at the time as a backup that aren't bad. I think the brand was something like AWP.

Back