• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

KY Velvet Buck

KYHunter

I was blessed to connect with a great KY velvet buck last night. I had been keeping tabs on him all summer long and got to watch him grow into his full frame.

I didn’t hunt opening day due to storms but I got a break in the storms Sunday and setup a little after 5. I was in a small finger that extended into a bean field with a small mock scrape on one side. 3 120”+ bucks all came in together within 15 yards until they caught my ground scent and spooked. I thought that they likely scared everything off but not 5 minutes later I could see him coming right at me through the beans! He made it into a shooting lane at 14 yards and I sent one through him. He stumbled heavily at impact and bounded into the woods where I heard him crash.
He was an easy track job and a great friend and I made short work of him. 17 total scorable points a Great way to start the season!

Since I’m sure folks will ask… around 500 grain Total Arrow Weight and 100 Grain Sevr Broadhead. Passed through high shoulder meat on entry side and low shoulder blade on exit and buried into ground on the other side. broadhead surprisingly looks great.

Attachments

• 5EA87D78-29B3-4F79-8B35-D13FFFD0E186.jpeg
    5EA87D78-29B3-4F79-8B35-D13FFFD0E186.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 239
  • D82461BB-B8A7-4DED-A371-B13772F22FF7.jpeg
    D82461BB-B8A7-4DED-A371-B13772F22FF7.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 236
Dayum heck of a deer, nice job. You definitely know what you're doing, would love to hear more about the keeping tabs on him etc part of the "prehunt"

Back