• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude Classic Saddle review

swampsnyper

Got to try it out in the yard today. Will further my review after hunting from it this weekend. But for now, 1st thoughts.

Sizing:
Classic vs kestrel size 1
Same length but classic’s depth is a little longer than an inch. Classic is underneath.
cca84d936c05dfaea5558ea359c9cdf0.jpg

Classic vs Kite size 2
Kite size 2 is about the same depth but around 4in longer at the bridge loops. Classic is on top.
e7bc089f102e02c227d7a54e2d08dc70.jpg

My thoughts with a 34in waist is the classic could be 1-2 inches longer at the bridge loops, it would be a perfect size for me. My kestrel size 1 is too small and my kite size 2 is too big, but bigger doesn’t hurt as much as too small.

The classic feels a lot lighter than both the kite and kestrel. Lighter buckles for sure. It rides great while walking because it is so light and has no heavy buckles to weigh it down. Which brings me to another point. Putting the wire clip g-hook leg straps on is absolutely dreadful. Good idea to solve them falling off but not practical. While hooking them on, you are looking at it through the lineman loops and the bridge is also in the way while trying to fold the little wire gate back and thread it into a soft webbing loop that keeps collapsing. I can’t see it happening with gloves. But that’s the worse part about the saddle. I see them changing that soon. It’s just a no go.
a00d9511aa81acb653d3bc2cf1b7b453.jpg

3691e8f977246ae36fddea8105a34141.jpg

Comfort:
After I got it dialed in and used my bridge, it was excellent for the short time in the yard today. I believe Latitude knocked it out of the park on the vertical support webbing.
aadb98f707967d1fcf2a353f53c4d4bc.jpg

I never used the micro adjusters on saddles or felt the need to adjust the cup with repositioning the bridge on the bridge loops. Some people love it, just not for me. I played with the oplux adjustable bridge up and down the bridge loops and it does what it’s intended to do but if I go from sitting to leaning, that needs to be repositioned and it’s tight. Not easy on a ring of steps or a scout platform but I was able to do it. I’ve always liked carabiners hooking into my bridge loops. Whether I’m sitting or leaning, they self-adjust to equalize the pressure on the top and bottom strap. Easy mod for me. No big deal, I’ve been using the same bridge system for years replacing every stock bridge I’ve come across. Personal preference.
Being that the bridge loops were short on me, the oplux knots and Prusik dug into my side when I twisted in my saddle for a side shot. If the bridge loops were longer, I think I’d have more clearance. My carabiners turn flat against my stomach when I’m in that position so it isn’t a problem and you are only in that position a short time if you need to twist like that.
deb46816511fab43851addc9b116d896.jpg

fd0c879cd719634cb54f39b1ebadbc5c.jpg

4996d9bb54939bc4636dfa183dab0efa.jpg

a1a1973e8bb053cb5009e9ced49cc978.jpg

The linemans belt loops are easy to clip into and the Molle webbing is loose enough to easily clip a carabiner into as well.
39f6ffb3ca15b9ceb66dd9d765fb06b9.jpg

Can’t wait to hunt from it. I know it’s gonna be comfortable. I just need to figure out a different attachment for the leg loops. I like having them on.
I think the Latitude guys have some great ideas and I’m looking forward to seeing them grow. I hope I wasn’t to harsh and a lot of the cons I see are just personal preference. But we need to change the leg loop attachment. The back g-clip is great. Removal/customization of leg loops is a good idea. But the everyday use G-clips on the front have to be rethought.

And I rather vertical linemans loops but this has the best horizontal ones I’ve tried.

Thanks for the write up! I've been anxious to hear this. Do the two vertical straps spread out the pressure so you don't just feel it in the top and bottom bands? (Like a kite) Based on your pics, I have a small con with the linesman loops as well. They take up some precious real estate on that strap, causing the first available molle to be pretty far back. I'm not a flexible as I used to be, and the more forward that molle comes around, the better! This is still on my list of saddles I need to try. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the write up! I've been anxious to hear this. Do the two vertical straps spread out the pressure so you don't just feel it in the top and bottom bands? (Like a kite) Based on your pics, I have a small con with the linesman loops as well. They take up some precious real estate on that strap, causing the first available molle to be pretty far back. I'm not a flexible as I used to be, and the more forward that molle comes around, the better! This is still on my list of saddles I need to try. Thanks for the info!

I feel like the vertical straps do help. The pressure is mainly changed by the tilt of the saddle or position of the bridge loop on the bridge, but it aids in preventing the seat to stretch and sag throughout the day. You are basically sitting on them along with the top and bottom strap. I like to hang my sticks from the 1st molle loops on each side. It didn’t seem like an issue but if the whole saddle was longer from bridge loop to bridge loop it would help with that as well. So would making the lineman loops vertical. I’ll know more after this weekends hunts.

Last edited:
I like those g-hooks with retaining clips. I repurposed mine that came with my method on another saddle, in which I could never get the leg loops to stay on. It took several practice attempts to learn the best way to remove them, and its still tricky with gloves. They are light weight and obviously stay on, but I can see what your saying with getting them on/off. I found removing them was more of an issue for me. The webbing needs to be stiffer, if it collapses the g-hook gets hung up.

That looks like a well built saddle thank you for the review Method seems to knock a few things out of the park on their offerings this year

I like those g-hooks with retaining clips. I repurposed mine that came with my method on another saddle, in which I could never get the leg loops to stay on. It took several practice attempts to learn the best way to remove them, and its still tricky with gloves. They are light weight and obviously stay on, but I can see what your saying with getting them on/off. I found removing them was more of an issue for me. The webbing needs to be stiffer, if it collapses the g-hook gets hung up.

Right! I don’t know how they mount on the method but on the classic they are just in a bad spot. It’s too crowded around the loops to work your hands on the clip. The loops definitely need to be stiff. It would help a lot. Maybe if the loops were longer where they would get more clearance to make it easier to manipulate. Lots of potential.

I’m blown away. Just made my 1st hunt from the classic. Hands down the most comfortable saddle I’ve ever hunted from. All the pressure points are just spread out like no other saddle I’ve tried. If it was just 2in longer for my big butt, it would be outstanding. I did change the oplux bridge out for my tried and true amsteel fixed bridge with carabiners. It just got me in the position I like. I am more than happy with my purchase.

Here’s how I solved the riddle of G hooks coming loose when slack. I roll the band back about an inch(looks like you’ve got enough room on the loop to do so) because it scrunches the webbing. Insert hook, roll band down. It will not come loose. Those clips are cute, but like you said there’s no way you can manipulate in the dark with gloves inside that LB loop.

maybe it will work for you. Thanks for the review!

CDAE4069-2F8A-47A3-8D41-73EFE34C38CE.jpeg

Here’s how I solved the riddle of G hooks coming loose when slack. I roll the band back about an inch(looks like you’ve got enough room on the loop to do so) because it scrunches the webbing. Insert hook, roll band down. It will not come loose. Those clips are cute, but like you said there’s no way you can manipulate in the dark with gloves inside that LB loop.

maybe it will work for you. Thanks for the review!

View attachment 38331

I put regular g hooks on it. They are working. Still hard to hook them with the position of the loop.
We had some campfire saddle tryouts last night. [mention]gcr0003 [/mention] was amazed at how well it spread the load but agreed it needs to be a little longer. He is a size 34 also. [mention]Nutterbuster [/mention] couldn’t get comfortable. His child bearing hips just don’t fit it. Lol
There definitely needs to be a bigger size option. The depth is perfect. Don’t change that. Just lengthen the saddle, expanding from the center. Not just making longer bridge loops. And maybe extend the leg strap loop to hang down past the bridge. The position works. It wears well. Just hard to hook up where it’s at.
I’m sticking with this saddle until there is a size upgrade. My favorite so far.

Back