• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude method

Mopar1169

Got the method in the mail today. Took it for a test sit and I have to say I am really impressed. Most comfortable saddle I have sat in. Zero hip pinch and as much back support as you want. I really appreciate all the little things they put in the saddle. Like the stuffed bridge loops make it easy to adjust tension on upper and lower panel. The clips to hold up the bottom while walking. The metal less belt is really slick. Hopefully they make a bigger size then I will get that for late season and the flex will be for sale. Will have to give it a try when all the clothes come out and see if a bigger one is needed or not.

I like the simplicity of this saddle no other add ons are needed to make it comfortable and you barely know you are wearing it.

Got the method in the mail today. Took it for a test sit and I have to say I am really impressed. Most comfortable saddle I have sat in. Zero hip pinch and as much back support as you want. I really appreciate all the little things they put in the saddle. Like the stuffed bridge loops make it easy to adjust tension on upper and lower panel. The clips to hold up the bottom while walking. The metal less belt is really slick. Hopefully they make a bigger size then I will get that for late season and the flex will be for sale. Will have to give it a try when all the clothes come out and see if a bigger one is needed or not.

I like the simplicity of this saddle no other add ons are needed to make it comfortable and you barely know you are wearing it.

Thanks for the review. Just wondering what other saddles you have tried, obviously the flex is one and it is pretty comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mines coming tomorrow. I’m really hoping it fits me. I have a sneaking suspicion that they’d have been better suited making it in 2 sizes. It’s gonna suck if it’s a killer saddle (which it appears to be), but it’s only really suited for people with size 36 waist and below. I’ll report back tomorrow

Could u show more detailed photo and description of the waist belt.....uniknot on 1 side and the other side just a stopper? I cant tell

It is a adjustable bend knot tied back onto the other end. Stopper knot on loose end of knot and tag end. I am at work so can't post pic right now.

DI you heat it up and bend the platform or did you cut it and weld it??

I cut the tree teeth off made a new set and welded on at a different angle. Made my own post out of a piece of 3/4 x 1 6061. Then partially cut and notched front set angle then rewelded. The thing is rock Solid no more flex. Just put on tree tighten strap and cam. No more messing around trying to find the sweet spot.

Could u show more detailed photo and description of the waist belt.....uniknot on 1 side and the other side just a stopper? I cant tell

The knot used on the Method saddle Oplux waist belt is called a Blake's hitch. Traditionally it's tied with two wraps on bottom and two on top. They use one wrap on the bottom and three on top so that's what I did on mine. It looks like they just used an overhand stopper knot. I used a double overhand stopper knot on both ends. It's an easy replacement ... https://saddlehunter.com/community/...tude-outdoors-method-saddle.27580/post-406357

CORRECTION: @Mopar1169 emailed Latitude and they said the knot is an Adjustable Bend Knot.

Last edited:
I cut the tree teeth off made a new set and welded on at a different angle. Made my own post out of a piece of 3/4 x 1 6061. Then partially cut and notched front set angle then rewelded. The thing is rock Solid no more flex. Just put on tree tighten strap and cam. No more messing around trying to find the sweet spot.
So is there anything left to the $300 platform you couldn’t have done yourself? Lol

The knot used on the Method saddle Oplux waist belt is called a Blake's hitch. Traditionally it's tied with two wraps on bottom and two on top. They use one wrap on the bottom and three on top so that's what I did on mine. It looks like they just used an overhand stopper knot. I used a double overhand stopper knot on both ends. It's an easy replacement ... https://saddlehunter.com/community/...tude-outdoors-method-saddle.27580/post-406357
Thanks for sharing the knot details I was wondering what knot was used for the metal-free waistbelt.

Back