• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lefty, Righty or both?

Big Country

Noticed a lot of guys at saddlepalooza were left handed. I'm a lil of both.
Write and throw football, baseball, etc... left handed. Bow, pistol, long gun, billiards, etc.. right handed.

How about everybody else?

Right handed, but have killed many deer left handed with a rifle. Wish I could learn that trick with my bow.

I attribute my mild ambidexterity to breaking my right hand when I was younger. Forced me to use my left for a few months.

Primarily right handed but left eye dominant. Rifle bow and billiards lefty, everything else right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Primarily right handed but left eye dominant. Rifle bow and billiards lefty, everything else right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I write left handed. Eat left handed. Thread a needle with my left hand. Pretty much anything that requires fine motor skills. I was a decent switch hitter but for the most part play all sports right handed. Shoot right handed also.

Right handed. However I tore the bicep in my right arm 14 years ago. I learned real quick to do things with my left.

However I have always been able to shoot left handed. Not a bow.

Right handed, left eye dominant.
I still shoot right handed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throw left, shoot left, write right, Golf right, switch hitter in baseball, billiards left. Fine motor always require right hand. Oh, and I always knocked my brother out with a straight left!!!!

Yup you’re a lefty deep down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right handed mostly, switch hit in baseball, left handed billiards, and have golfed left ok a few times while recovering from a knee injury. Always thought it would be wise to learn to shoot a bow left handed just in case an injury ever made it necessary. I don't think it would be super hard for me to pick up.

I am right handed but left eye dominant. I shoot a gun right handed. I own a left handed compound bow that I shoot left handed with sights and I can shoot it right handed instinctively. I also have a right handed compound i shoot right handed with sights of instinctively. I have a couple of glass bows that are right handed and have several self bows that are right handed. I can't shoot that type of bow left handed with any accuracy.

I have shot deer with a bow both left handed and right handed. Other than archery i can't do anything else well left handed.

I write left handed. Eat left handed. Thread a needle with my left hand. Pretty much anything that requires fine motor skills. I was a decent switch hitter but for the most part play all sports right handed. Shoot right handed also.
Exactly the same as me although I did get a lefty longbow to work both sides with.

Left-handed and left eye dominant, I can shoot a rifle right handed and could switch hit when I played baseball, but everything else is lefty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Right-handed with every thing except when I use to play hockey I shot left-handed.

I started out life right handed/ right eye dominate however in high school I had a detached retina in my right eye from football. My right eye has since been repaired but my eye dominence changed so about 8 years ago I taught myself to shoot a bow and gun left handed.

Back