• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Leg feet platform climb as you go

JumpingVampire

It would be cool if there was a mini platform out there that will allow you to attach to you feet making it your platform and climber as you use your tether like a 1 stick method. Thought I shared that

Been done. Some guys use a top half of a Lone Wolf climbing tree stand to do this. They make minor modifications to keep it attached to their feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I saw that but making it specific for us guys and more compact light weight. Eliminating our platform and sticks just imagine.

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking a mini climber for each foot. Either straight on or on the side like spurs. Someone figure it out please. Thank you!

I’ve been thinking a mini climber for each foot. Either straight on or on the side like spurs. Someone figure it out please. Thank you!

Do a search on here for eonpow climbers.

They need to be light, compact/packable, quiet. All the saddle hunter qualities we long for!!!

I’m thinking 3-4” wide. 7-8” long. Belt/cable for tree and another Attachment around the foot. Maybe even be able to connect them together at height to use as platform.

It's worth a try but the problem I see is your limited to very small steps as you wouldn't be able to move one foot above the other like you can with the eonpow climbers.

I think a mini hand climber is going to be game changer with built in strap to strap her in at hunting height.

It's worth a try but the problem I see is your limited to very small steps as you wouldn't be able to move one foot above the other like you can with the eonpow climbers.

Shouldn’t be to bad on side to side setup. One cable could slightly overlap/ride under the other. Still short steps but you constantly have to adjust your tether with hand climber anyway.

I like the concept, but I don't know that it would be accomplishable without cutting down on step size. IMO, the LWHC is exactly what you're looking for. I don't know how you could have two pieces that aren't attached, but are both strapped to the tree, and then be able to take a decent sized step that would make them better than the LWHC.

The lone wolf hand climber is what your looking for. You can’t go much smaller. Climbers don’t work well if you get much wider than the frame. It’s already pretty good in the weight/bulk department when you consider i

Has anyone tried to attach a vertical arm to the hand climber which would give it stability at hunting height

Has anyone tried to attach a vertical arm to the hand climber which would give it stability at hunting height

Mine isn’t modded at all. I’ve only used it a few times so far but it is plenty stable and you can position around the tree for shot opportunities if you don’t strap it down.

It would be cool if there was a mini platform out there that will allow you to attach to you feet making it your platform and climber as you use your tether like a 1 stick method. Thought I shared that
I'm doing this. I took my aluminum climbing stand. Bottom part. Weighs 10 pounds. It is my tree climber and my platform. I could have cut it down smaller but the weight savings does not justify it. So I'm using my harness and thether to slide up the tree, then pull up the foot climber, and ratchet my way up the tree just like a normal climber. Key is to get a lightweight aluminum stand, and only use the foot part. I just attached screenshots of the stand I use. Also shows the straps I attached for easy packing. I bought a strap made for a weed sprayer. One picture also shows my hand indicating where I could cut the platform to make it smaller.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191004-072522.png
    Screenshot_20191004-072522.png
    865.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20191004-072425.png
    Screenshot_20191004-072425.png
    873.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20191004-072646.png
    Screenshot_20191004-072646.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I'm doing this. I took my aluminum climbing stand. Bottom part. Weighs 10 pounds. It is my tree climber and my platform. I could have cut it down smaller but the weight savings does not justify it. So I'm using my harness and thether to slide up the tree, then pull up the foot climber, and ratchet my way up the tree just like a normal climber. Key is to get a lightweight aluminum stand, and only use the foot part. I will post pics.

Can’t wait to see it. Video please!!

Back