• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lend a Saddle??

rickhall20

SH Member
Hi everyone...first post here. I'm not a saddle hunter, yet, only because I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. I'm wanting to hold out for the phantom, but I have a couple of trips lined up in Bama and SW Florida between now and end of Feb. I'm so anxious to get started with a saddle and was hoping to find someone that might be willing to lend or rent their saddle for a few weeks. I know hunting season is wrapped up for a lot of folks, so if anyone has something they'd be willing to let me use, I would be super appreciative. I'm used to mobile hunting with a lock on, so I've got everything but the saddle.

I live in Jax, FL and am willing to make a reasonable drive to pick up. I'm willing to pay a rental fee or deposit too. Thanks for reading!

Hi everyone...first post here. I'm not a saddle hunter, yet, only because I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. I'm wanting to hold out for the phantom, but I have a couple of trips lined up in Bama and SW Florida between now and end of Feb. I'm so anxious to get started with a saddle and was hoping to find someone that might be willing to lend or rent their saddle for a few weeks. I know hunting season is wrapped up for a lot of folks, so if anyone has something they'd be willing to let me use, I would be super appreciative. I'm used to mobile hunting with a lock on, so I've got everything but the saddle.

I live in Jax, FL and am willing to make a reasonable drive to pick up. I'm willing to pay a rental fee or deposit too. Thanks for reading!
Where are you hunting in bama?

What size are you?

Have you considered making a fleece saddle? I made one for $3 if you dont count the cost of the webbing I already had. Understand that you have to where a RCH or a full body harness with this. I got my first saddle kill this year out of it.

That's kind of bold, don't you think? Your first post and you want to barrow a saddle that someone has invested probably around $300 by the time they've got it set up....:rolleyes:

That's kind of bold, don't you think? Your first post and you want to barrow a saddle that someone has invested probably around $300 by the time they've got it set up....:rolleyes:

If taken as bold or out of context, it certainly was not intended to be. Exactly why I offered money or a deposit. Besides, I had heard a lot of good things about the members here, and just thought I'd ask. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Have you considered making a fleece saddle? I made one for $3 if you dont count the cost of the webbing I already had. Understand that you have to where a RCH or a full body harness with this. I got my first saddle kill this year out of it.

I had not seen this before, so thank you for the advice. I have an RCH, so this might work great. Definitely going to try this.

Im in Jax.... I'll let you sit in my saddle. PM if interested. I'm not selling or loaning but if you just wanted to try one out local it's an option

Im in Jax.... I'll let you sit in my saddle. PM if interested. I'm not selling or loaning but if you just wanted to try one out local it's an option

Same here, I’m in St Aug. there’s a handful of guys around Jax. Mine is a DIY and I’m making a couple more. So the “rental, with option to return” would be a bit less than a commercial option. Up to you and what you’re comfortable with. I know Weldabeast too, he has one of my saddles. I have one of his platforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back