• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lighted nocks?

Shapeshifter

SH Member
Who's making the best most reliable lighted nocks. Want to find some that are also easy to turn off and will fit my my 5mm FMJ's.

I’ve tried like 4 or 5 different ones at this point and the nockturnals seem to be the best I’ve used for a hunting application but the worst for practicing. The deepower ones on amazon with the switch are great for practicing but I’ve had one turn off on me going through a deer. The nufletch I got where spotty as well and I didn’t like the nock fit. I recently bought some woodys nocks and about half of them work so that’s pretty frustrating. I’m about done with them at this point and may stop using them eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E-Arc from Amazon. Half the price of anything else on the market and they have an external off switch. Value can't be beat in my opinion. Go with the green ones.
No...go with the disco strobe

But I'm not sure they offer in his arrow inside diameter

I’ve got Amazon ones on mine right now too, Deepower. Come with multiple bushings for different arrow sizes and have an external on off switch. Great for practice, wouldn’t hesitate to use them in the field either.

Who's making the best most reliable lighted nocks. Want to find some that are also easy to turn off and will fit my my 5mm FMJ's.
I’ve got some lunenocks on my FMJ’s. Installation was fairly easy but they are a little finicky. You have to get the fit just right otjerwise they don’t reliably light up OR they come on way to easily.

I’ve tried like 4 or 5 different ones at this point and the nockturnals seem to be the best I’ve used for a hunting application but the worst for practicing. The deepower ones on amazon with the switch are great for practicing but I’ve had one turn off on me going through a deer. The nufletch I got where spotty as well and I didn’t like the nock fit. I recently bought some woodys nocks and about half of them work so that’s pretty frustrating. I’m about done with them at this point and may stop using them eventually.

Did you check them when you got them? If you did then you could have contacted Jeff and got replacements. My last pack had one not work, I emailed him and had a replacement in three days.

I like seeing where my arrows go. And, it makes it easier to find them at dusk. I also have reflective wraps on my arrows, for the same reason.
Oh I'm with u....I misread what he wrote anyway....I thought he said they were good for.practice but wouldn't go hunt with them....duh

I have the .246 e arc strobers and they are great. I have 1 that made it thru 3 critters before it stopped working.

Did you check them when you got them? If you did then you could have contacted Jeff and got replacements. My last pack had one not work, I emailed him and had a replacement in three days.

I’ve just practiced with them so far, one pack had one not work and the other only has one that works. I’ll probably send an email about it.

I also shoot 5mm FMJ’s. Have for about 5 years now. I’ve used Lumenock and Nockturnal. I don’t have any major complaints with either. But I have been using Nockturnals exclusively with my current bow / arrow set up. They fit well, tune well, work as they should, and are plenty bright. Oh, and you can find them on Amazon warehouse (typically just a return or open box) at almost anytime for $8-$12. Actually just built some Camo Hunter FMJ’s (2018 release) today with green Nockturnals and they look great.

I also shoot 5mm FMJ’s. Have for about 5 years now. I’ve used Lumenock and Nockturnal. I don’t have any major complaints with either. But I have been using Nockturnals exclusively with my current bow / arrow set up. They fit well, tune well, work as they should, and are plenty bright. Oh, and you can find them on Amazon warehouse (typically just a return or open box) at almost anytime for $8-$12. Actually just built some Camo Hunter FMJ’s (2018 release) today with green Nockturnals and they look great.
I might have to order some them Nockturnals. Sounds like what I'm looking for. Are they easy to turn off?

Can't recommend any one brand over another, as I've only used Nockturnals, but I have no complaints about them.

For practice and tuning, I have some regular nocks that I epoxied nails cut to the right weight into them. That way I only have to use the lighted nocks for actual hunting.

Oh I'm with u....I misread what he wrote anyway....I thought he said they were good for.practice but wouldn't go hunt with them....duh

I have the .246 e arc strobers and they are great. I have 1 that made it thru 3 critters before it stopped working.
Currently I hunt with my practice arrows (Beman ICS Hunters with broadheads and lighted nocks added to hunt with), but I'm building a set or two of hunting arrows I'll practice with. These will all have lighted nocks. As I buy more shafts I'll have to figure out how much allthread I'll have to epoxy into a standard nock to match the weight of my lighted nocks, for ballistic consistency.

I’ve just practiced with them so far, one pack had one not work and the other only has one that works. I’ll probably send an email about it.

he stresses checking them as soon as you get them in the mail and email him ASAP if any of them dont work. Only activate with a bow string.

From listening to him on the Facebook group he can come off as a grumpy old man sometimes but he seems to cares and especially cares about improving the design as best he can.

Back